Too many patterns attempts - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too many patterns attempts

Too many patterns attempts

The problem:

Dear: A few weeks ago I bought a Samsung i9000 S Galaxy, with the function "unlock pattern" working.

A few days ago a co-worker playing with my phone, tried several times to unlock it by entering the wrong pattern, which occasions that the phone will block indefinitely. As an option to unlock it you need to enter valid user name and password associated with your phone's Gmail, it is there that begins my big headache. I tried entering my username and password which was associated with the phone but told me that the data was incorrect, I clarify that I have configured, enabled and operating a 3G data connection but I could not make it work. I read countless posts where indicated a number of possible solutions, from testing with password "null", try without the "@ gmail", try "@ googlemail.com", etc, but without success. I also tried typing the hidden codes of hard-reset, but do not work because it only allows emergency calls. Obviously I tried turning off the phone, start in recovery mode with all possible combinations of buttons and even tried to flash the rom connecting the phone via usb cable and try to start it in "download mode" but the combinations of buttons do not respond, the phone starts without stopping. You say I have had not enabled the "USB debugging mode". As indicated in this post http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3006 the problem that I cannot unlock the phone through my GMail account is due to a bug of the Android Operating System. I contacted the seller and told me he has a phone like mine with the same problem and have given no solution yet, I also got in touch with the support of Samsung, which I am still waiting for a response. Clearly this problem is due to an operating system failure, if you also added the keylock that comes from factory to enter in "recovery mode", "download mode", etc. It is a very complicated situation with the phone because I tried everything with no luck. The number of people affected with this problem is growing and still there is no solution from Samsung and Android. I thought the Galaxy was a phone i9000 S without problems, but clearly I was mistaken.

After much fighting with the local Service Samsung in Uruguay, in the Call Center in Argentina and Spain, all we received were automatic responses to emails sent to Samsung with this reply "You should contact the local Service Center, the only solution left was to find a solution on my own. I would emphasize that Samsung service is very bad

The solution:

1) I put my SIM card
    2) I called from another phone and answered the call
    2) Press the touch button that is on the left winged “home” button
    3) There appears a menu with 3 options, "Contacts", "Notes" and "SIM services”
    4) I selected "SIM services" and lower the drop-down menu at the top.
    5) Press the home button (the square in the middle), I went to the main menu, Settings, Privacy and data factory reset.

I lost all installed applications and some data but I got my phone back, hope you find it useful.

Besides the problem of not being able to unlock the phone to my GMail account due to a bug in the operating system is also a security problem being able to access the menu while the phone is locked. Imagine this situation, if someone tried to steal the phone and try to access the critical information it contains, even though it has the pattern blocking enabled, using the solution provided you could access the contents of the phone even when it is locked for security, the thief could obtain critical information from the company that you work. Really unfortunate.

Twitter: twitter.com/blackstonesx
    Twitter: twitter.com/clementemauro

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Fisz will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Every time I see a thread about this I'm astonished that a fatal flaw like this is allowed to exist for so long. Does Android/Google/Samsung think it's such a minor issue that it doesn't warrant an immediate fix?

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    There are 2 more workarounds for this problem, granted one needs recovery mode to be enabled.

I didn't post the solution in another similar thread because it is effectively telling a thief how to bypass the security code.

But you can be forgiven because google really need to sort this problem out - and they might have now, but no-one's brave enough to test it.
    Google Nexus 4 Android v4.3 Twitter : @1969guy Circle me on Google+

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points
    oldtimer143 is on a distinguished road
    Level

Locked out!

Hi all,
    My daughter's phone is locked (little sister), and I'm trying to unlock it - to no avail. I've tried all the options listed here, and I guess our software (I have one too) is newer and these workarounds have been closed off.

I wonder if somebody in the know would be so kind as to email me with the instructions on how to unlock this phone.... we don't want to do a hard reset, and don't know if that would even work anyway! Of course there is plenty of data that hasn't been backed up! Can't blame her really - mine isn't much better!

I can only promise that I won't pass the instructions on, or in any way distribute the fix. Please..... I need help!

Greg
    oldtimer143@hotmail.com

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Fisz will become famous soon enough
    Level
    Are your phones on 2.2 (Froyo)? If so then it would seem that they've eliminated the workarounds but haven't fixed the actual feature, thereby locking out people even worse than before. Shameful.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    egrojnem1 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    hi my name is jorge ortiz i know how too unlock samsung galaxy , wrong pattern o pasword...... its called the master reset , dont listen too any shittt this guys are telling you because they wont work , the only think that works is a master reset and you will loose all your data ,,,,, if you dont have a gmail account this is the solution , if your kids locked your phone and you dont remeber gmail account , this is the solution , if the phone is stolen lol this is the solution ..... i charge 10 dolars via pay pal too unlock phones ....as soon as i receive money you can call me at my phone and ill tell you what to do ........ email me if you want the help ......jorge_a1988@hotmail.com ....

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    Mr egrojnem1

There is no requirement to be abusive about people trying to help.

And as you seem to think it funny to help unlock a stolen phone I have reported the post.

Any reply from yourself will be roundly ignored.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Achievements:
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by egrojnem1 View Post
    hi my name is jorge ortiz i know how too unlock samsung galaxy , wrong pattern o pasword...... its called the master reset , dont listen too any shittt this guys are telling you because they wont work , the only think that works is a master reset and you will loose all your data ,,,,, if you dont have a gmail account this is the solution , if your kids locked your phone and you dont remeber gmail account , this is the solution , if the phone is stolen lol this is the solution ..... i charge 10 dolars via pay pal too unlock phones ....as soon as i receive money you can call me at my phone and ill tell you what to do ........ email me if you want the help ......jorge_a1988@hotmail.com ....
    Advertising the fact that you are willing to unlock stolen phones for a fee = genius. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by stonkr View Post
    And as you seem to think it funny to help unlock a stolen phone I have reported the post.
    We should think about reporting him to the Police as well as the forum mods.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Deanman6 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Dont pay anyone. if you are locked out it is ver simple. I took this info from t-mobil website.

You might have to hard reset the phone....turn off the phone or just pull the battery out and put it back in. While the phone is off press and hold the volume up and volume down button at the same time (keep holding down those buttons..with your other hand press and hold the power button for 2 seconds. A menu sould come up (Recovery) now you can let go off the power up and down button and navigate with them (up or down on menu selection). use power button as an "enter" key. and click on "wipe data/factory reset" then navigate with the volume buttons and push the power button on the "yes..." selection. This should wipe your phone and start fresh as if you just got the phone...you should use this as your last resource...as if you found the lock pattern will be much better....or if you get any better advice

Achievements:
    Level
    Firstly, you just hold the volume up key (along with the home key) while booting to get to recovery, and Secondly, newer firmwares won't clear the lock even after a factory reset, so this will only work on phones with old firmware.
    Last edited by Goots; 12-16-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added "along with the home key"

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information