phone keeps turning off - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: phone keeps turning off

fake Mọderator
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level

phone keeps turning off

V this is what i figured out V
    okay so i realized its caused by the screen being turned off for more than a few seconds, whether it be from locking the phone, or the screen timing out. it causes the phone to power off (im not sure if it powers off or not, but the screen never comes back on once this happens) i try to unlock the phone, or hold down the power button, press the screen and all the hard buttons, nothing responds, i have to remove the battery from the back and put it back in to turn it back on...
    Last edited by soraxd; 07-03-2010 at 06:52 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic's Avatar
    Level
    It sounds like the phone has crashed, can you remember which App it was running at the times it goes black?

fake Mọderator
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level
    there arent any apps running.. i turn the phone on, it sits there 30 secs, and screen turns off. i press the side power button to turn the screen back on, and it just sits there.. it wont turn back on.. so i gotta pull the battery..

but it hasnt been acting up for the past few hours, so thats good. i also noticed that at least right now, it isnt happening if i press the home center button, only if i press the lock/unlock button on the side to unlock the phone. hmm

maybe it was the way i was trying to unlock my phone, can someone lock their phone so the screen is off, wait 30 seconds, and then try to unlock it by pressing the power/lock button on the side. i want to know if you can successfully unlock it this way.

Administrator Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs has a brilliant future Briggs's Avatar
    I had that issue with Custom MoDaCo rom and ADW.Launcher. Launcher Pro = No issues so far. So I think it was ADW or the Custom rom
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 Octacore
    My IP address | LG G2 Forum

fake Mọderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    well I'm using macado and touch wiz 3, so I guess its macado, should I just go back to jb5? I mean is there really a big difference? its not like the custom fw has anything the main doesn't, just root.

btw is anyone else getting this big where the brightness changes on its own?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold
    Level
    You do realise that the browser has its own brightness setting indepedent of everything else? Its not related to that is it?

fake Mọderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    will I did notice the browser brightness,i thought that was a bug, is there a way to adjust it?

but yea apart from the browser, I'm getting random dims.. I thought it might be battery related, but it hasn't been happening lately so I can't say for sure

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold NZtechfreak is a splendid one to behold
    Level
    I take it that you've turned off auto-adjustment for brightness then?

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information