Galaxy S stuck on 'Galaxy S' boot screen :-( - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Galaxy S stuck on 'Galaxy S' boot screen :-(

Galaxy S stuck on 'Galaxy S' boot screen :-(

Hi,
    My Galaxy S battery died last night and I put my spare in and powered it up. The 'enter PIN' screen came up but I didn't enter it as I was in bed, tired, and feel asleep. In the morning the screen was blank. I re-booted it and the coloured swirl screen comes up, the music plays and it goes to the screen with a big S in the middle. It never gets past this screen. It hasn't totally locked as the colour of the 'S' is changing. After a minute or so the screen goes blank and the 2 LEDs behind the menu and back buttons are the only indication that it's on. Any ideas other than 'Factory reset' as there are photos etc on the internal SD which I haven't backed up :-S
    My only idea at the moment is to possibly factory reset it then run a Windows file recovery on the internal memory to retrieve the files.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic has much to be proud of tiptronic's Avatar
    Level
    From what I remember, factory reset will only remove apps and clear all settings and should not delete any data that is stored in the internal or external SD Card. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you think that "enter PIN" is causing the problem, have you tried boot your phone without the sim card?
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy I9100 Unlocked/ Rooted
    Network: O2 UK
    Baseband version: I9100XXLPQ

Junior Member badger1000 is on a distinguished road
    I've tried without the SIM, no luck.
    A quick Google reveals that it is a common problem with this device. I didn't mention that I applied the lagfix solution a week ago. This may have something to do with it as it was mentioned in several of the other cases.
    I will apply the factory reset now. Thanks for your help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information