Galaxy S stuck on 'Galaxy S' boot screen :-( - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

Thread: Galaxy S stuck on 'Galaxy S' boot screen :-(

Galaxy S stuck on 'Galaxy S' boot screen :-(

Hi,
    My Galaxy S battery died last night and I put my spare in and powered it up. The 'enter PIN' screen came up but I didn't enter it as I was in bed, tired, and feel asleep. In the morning the screen was blank. I re-booted it and the coloured swirl screen comes up, the music plays and it goes to the screen with a big S in the middle. It never gets past this screen. It hasn't totally locked as the colour of the 'S' is changing. After a minute or so the screen goes blank and the 2 LEDs behind the menu and back buttons are the only indication that it's on. Any ideas other than 'Factory reset' as there are photos etc on the internal SD which I haven't backed up :-S
    My only idea at the moment is to possibly factory reset it then run a Windows file recovery on the internal memory to retrieve the files.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredCreated Album pictures100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    Level
    From what I remember, factory reset will only remove apps and clear all settings and should not delete any data that is stored in the internal or external SD Card. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If you think that "enter PIN" is causing the problem, have you tried boot your phone without the sim card?
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy I9100 Unlocked/ Rooted
    Network: O2 UK
    Baseband version: I9100XXLPQ

Junior Member Array
    I've tried without the SIM, no luck.
    A quick Google reveals that it is a common problem with this device. I didn't mention that I applied the lagfix solution a week ago. This may have something to do with it as it was mentioned in several of the other cases.
    I will apply the factory reset now. Thanks for your help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Thread Information