cant get rid of samsung apps - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cant get rid of samsung apps

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    plugwit is on a distinguished road
    Level

cant get rid of samsung apps

when i press the application icon it obviously brings up all the preset apps that came with my phone.there is one called "samsung apps" and it has a no'10 in the top of the box(it did have a no'13).i am guessing that these are some sort of update or apps that are not yet installed?
    i installed all of these apps to try and then delete them to get rid of the notification on the samsung apps,app icon but they just hang around.they are not even useful apps.
    "WHAT ARE THEY",this is on screen no'2 in applications.help me obi wan,you're my only hope

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    It's the Android version of the Samsung App store. More apps are getting added now and then, some good, some useless

It might be worth hanging onto because Krazy Kart Racing is on there, and that's decent. We might get some other decent stuff soon. Personally I've found the English dictionary come in handy a couple of times.

The number you are seeing is how many uninstalled apps are currently available to you, if yours says 10 and you install one, it will change to 9 etc

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    Level
    so in theory samsung could send maybe 100,200,5,000,000,000,000,000 apps to my phone and i dont have any control over that.it just does my head in that they are there without my say so.i know i dont have to install them if i dont want but i really should have a choice.there must be a way,i've gone into the setting menus tons of times now in the hope i will find the directory with the samsung apps in.i dont want to neccesarilly get rid of the core program cause as you said there may be some good stuff to come.also i have to install them to get rid of them but they just sit there still.........aarrrrggghhhhh

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Er, I don't know what you mean when you say you have to install them to get rid of them?

The Samsung Apps icon represents an app in itself - it's merely a downloader app. The number on it tells you how many free apps are available from Samsung for your Galaxy S.

You aren't being forced to download any of them, and similarly, Samsung won't "send" any apps to your phone.

I have the number 13 on my Samsung Apps icon. I actually have 16 apps available to me, but I have chosen to install 3 of them, leaving 13. If I wish to download them I will, Samsung aren't forcing me to download them, they are merely informing me that they are there if I want them. If another Samsung app becomes available to me tomorrow, that number will change to 14. The new app won't be installed on my phone unless I choose to download and install it.

Achievements:
    Level
    got it.brill thanks a lot guys

Licking windows
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker's Avatar
    Level
    When you get tired of the Samsung crap, just root your phone and use Titanium Backup to uninstall things like Samsung Apps, daily briefing and other widgets, mini diary and so on
    Samsung Galaxy S ::: Insanity ROM ::: SanDisk 32GB microSD card

8. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information