Help with my contacts - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with my contacts

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    Martin Rigby is on a distinguished road

Unhappy Help with my contacts

New User being thick maybe.....

when I create a new contact, I can put in the number and then add a second number to the new contact.

How do I add a second number to an existing contact?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Go to contacts then select the contact you wish to add the number to.

Hit the menubutton (bottom left softkey) then click on edit (you might get a warning about being unable to edit sns contacts if you have that particular contact synced with your facebook account - if you do, just acknowledge the warning)

Now by the existing phone number there is a little green plus sign that has "Add phone number" by it. Click that. It defaults to a home number but you can change it to Mobile, Work, Fax, Pager etc. by clicking on the button that says "Home" on it. Then just tap where it says 'Phone Number' and add the number.

Remember to hit the Save button to save your changes.

Thanks Goots

However, I ain't not got no little green + or any other little green symbol????
    Last edited by Martin Rigby; 09-17-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Some more info.

Just created a new contact, then went back and edited it. This time it's obvious how to add a new number.

Problem seems to be that I got my contacts from my old phone (unlocked Ericcson from Three mobile) by putting new sim in old phone and copying contacts onto it. It is these contacts which I can't seem to edit properly???

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    You could try copying those contacts from the SIM into the phone, then tell it to only display phone contacts.

I think there are limitations as to what you can do with contacts stored on a SIM. You can't assign pictures to them for example.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information