Arrange/Categorise Apps Icons - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arrange/Categorise Apps Icons

Question Arrange/Categorise Apps Icons

Hi,

I'd like to sort out /arrange my icons in the Applications screens....it there any good apps to do this as its annoying trying to find the required app from seven screens!

Thanks, Ash

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    imad604 will become famous soon enough
    Level
    If u are just looking to change the order of the apps on the screen u can go the application screen press the "menu key" then click on "edit" and then press and hold individual apps and move them around on the applications screens.

Junior Member mchu6am4 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks but that's quite a task to jiggle around apps on seven screens manually and it has to done again when I install a new app...I would prefer an that would do this for me or categorise for me etc.

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul's Avatar
    Level
    What keeps you from arranging them on the home screen? Make some folders there for games, internet, office, system utilities and so on.

Junior Member mchu6am4 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySoul View Post
    What keeps you from arranging them on the home screen? Make some folders there for games, internet, office, system utilities and so on.
    Thanks...I wasn't aware of that but have now created some folders on homescreen although it would be nice to be able to arrange the apps within the folders or be able to create folders under apps manager...maybe I'm asking for abit too much?

Junior Member papashaun is on a distinguished road
    Hi - there is an app called " Apps Organiser " available free on the Market - it comes with some already created " labels " and also lets you create " labels " of your own. You can then assign apps to a " label " and you can then have the " labels " as an icon on your homescreen - when you tap a " label " it pops up a screen with all the apps you have assigned to that " label "

Have been using it for a few days and works pretty well

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger First Class
    homer timpson is on a distinguished road homer timpson's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by papashaun View Post
    Hi - there is an app called " Apps Organiser " available free on the Market - it comes with some already created " labels " and also lets you create " labels " of your own. You can then assign apps to a " label " and you can then have the " labels " as an icon on your homescreen - when you tap a " label " it pops up a screen with all the apps you have assigned to that " label "

Have been using it for a few days and works pretty well
    Sounds promising - but does it let you sort them once you have them in a 'folder'?

I too have put a few apps in folders on the home screen but, once created, you can't rearrange them if you add anything else later.
    You have to delete the folder via edit - create it again in the order you want - knowing you'll do it all over again with the next app that's added!!

Would be great to be able to rearrange them every time you made an addition.

Hope that made sense.

Homer

Junior Member papashaun is on a distinguished road
    No it doesn't let you re organise them. However I noticed this morning the same developer has another app called Folder Organiser - costs Euro 0.99 - that sounds like it allows you to this - might be worth checking out

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    berko will become famous soon enough berko's Avatar
    Level
    Hi.
    I'm using this app to Categorize my apps: App Categories
    It works great: you can put apps in default categories, create your own, change icons for categories, and even put some apps in more then one category. And you can later switch them as you like. You can put shortcuts to individual categories on home screen and they open in nice window. And if you use ProLauncher, you can make that drawer button opens this app instead of default drawer.

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...ries_hubl.html

And it's free
    Last edited by berko; 09-20-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    AERo is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Wait a minute...

Are you guys telling me that the SGS (Android 2.1) can't create folders in the menu screen like the iPhone 4?!
    (well in the iPhone 4's case, the home screens)

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information