Screen protectors - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen protectors

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Array
    Level

Screen protectors

Hi there

This is a basic survey really - do you use a screen protector to avoid getting scratches on the glass? If you do, can you recommend where to get one from (the ones I have are poor quality) and if you don't, do you find the screen on the Galaxy S is strong enough to avoid getting scratches anyway?

I have a bit of a habit of putting keys in my pockets along with my mobile phone and so have always used them in the past. However, the ones I have at the moment I was able to scratch with my nails so I'm guessing it won't be doing much protecting anyway! Also, because they are not very good, they seem to interfere with the brightness and sharpness of the screen - that's a real shame given how good the AMOLED is.

Your advice is welcome!
    James

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

I have seen these in person and they are amazing. Well worth the money if you have it to spare for a protector.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

Junior Member Array
    Try ebay, i get mine from there and seem to be good, if you want a really good quality SP, then look on the net and type that in ebay search

5. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by surrealjam View Post
    Hi there

This is a basic survey really - do you use a screen protector to avoid getting scratches on the glass? If you do, can you recommend where to get one from (the ones I have are poor quality) and if you don't, do you find the screen on the Galaxy S is strong enough to avoid getting scratches anyway?

I have a bit of a habit of putting keys in my pockets along with my mobile phone and so have always used them in the past. However, the ones I have at the moment I was able to scratch with my nails so I'm guessing it won't be doing much protecting anyway! Also, because they are not very good, they seem to interfere with the brightness and sharpness of the screen - that's a real shame given how good the AMOLED is.

Your advice is welcome!
    James
    Have a look at this > http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/show...d-for-Galaxy-S
    Secondly, try www.sgpstore.com, the ultra clear screen protector is sweet!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Level
    I second eBay, got a pack with ten screen protectors in for just a few quid, I change them every time it starts to look worn but three months in and I'm still on the first one.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Level
    I also get mine from ebay. I think I got a pack of 3 for about £3 delivered and they came with a funky cloth for cleaning the screen - also works great on tft monitors

A mate spent £15 on some "military grade" (lol) protectors for his iphone, and as good as they are, they make the screen "sticky".

Well not sticky, but your finger doesn't glide over the screen as smoothly as it should.

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    Array
    I can never seem to get them on properly. They are very fiddly and look horrible if they bubble, but they are necessary to protect the screen imo

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Array
    Level
    Yep, make sure you install one, I've already got what looks like a small scratch/fracture on my screen, at first I thought I had somrething on the screen but realised it's not coming off. Little pissed off to be honest, I don't think this is gorilla glass.

Don't understand how it got there as I use a phone sock always and I havent dropped it, had a i8910 for a year and never had a single mark or stretch, after 4 months the Galaxy S has marks on the case and a scatch/fracture on the screen.

I did try to install some protectors but failed every time as they are just fiddly, tried the zagg one and the protector stretched as I installed it, awesome quality.

Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class250 Experience Points
    Array
    Level
    I'm from the Philippines..got mine for just 100 pesos (roughly US$ 2). I think its made in China..the quality is okay. It doesn't smudge or leave any fingerprints when i touch the screen...

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Array
    Level
    Thanks for the replies guys. I took it from this that most people are using screen protectors. I have ordered up some cheap ones off eBay to see how the are. If I need to get something a bit more expensive, then I always can at a later date.

Cheers
    James

13. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information