Cant get into recovery mode manually - Hardware or Software issue? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant get into recovery mode manually - Hardware or Software issue?

Cant get into recovery mode manually - Hardware or Software issue?

Im not hugely into rooting etc, but I did want to install the lag fix from the market.

I discovered that I couldn't get into recovery mode manually (by holding buttons), and ended up using the ADK tools to get round this.

I know that there appears to be a fair number of Galaxys that have this issue, and Im wondering does anyone know if it's a hardware issue, or will Samsung be able to release a fix for it?

To me it defeats the object of having a recovery mode if it cant be accessed on power up, because that's really when it would need to be used.

Anyone any clues?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Licking windows
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker's Avatar
    Level
    I just posted in this thread: http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/show...-Recovery-mode

I think it really is a bad thing that Samsung have started to disable these modes. As of right now, I don't think anyone knows what will happen. I heard that Samsung disabled it because people were mis-using it (I assume they mean installing non-official firmware...) but in a post over at XDA (check the link above) someone claims that Samsung is looking into a fix...
    Samsung Galaxy S ::: Insanity ROM ::: SanDisk 32GB microSD card

4. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information