How to disable the lockscreen - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to disable the lockscreen

Licking windows
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker's Avatar
    Level

How to disable the lockscreen

So you think the default lockscreen is worthless and you want to disable it? That way you can press the home button or power button and the phone will unlock immediately, without the need to swipe your finger across the screen...

Download the SGS Info app: http://handheld.softpedia.com/progDo...ad-106929.html

Install it

Run it, go to powerbutton action and enable Shutdown

Voilá!
    Samsung Galaxy S ::: Insanity ROM ::: SanDisk 32GB microSD card

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to windowlicker For This Useful Post:

Swipermusic (09-10-2010), tiptronic (09-10-2010)

3. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    I use something a bit simpler, works great and also comes with a widget

No Lock

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goots For This Useful Post:

windowlicker (09-10-2010)

Licking windows
    windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker is a glorious beacon of light windowlicker's Avatar
    Level
    Ohh, yeah... No Lock looks like it would do the job too! Does No Lock allow the use of other lock screen apps, for example Widget Locker, or does it block all lock screens? With SGS Info you can turn off the stock lock screen but still use Widget Locker. It removes all the annoying glitches that occur when you have both lock screens activated... There's no flickering between the two locks since one is completely disabled.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points31 days registered
    M@31 is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Why disable the auto lock.....if its in your pocket and and the home/power button get pushed.....there would be no telling what you'd be opening up or who you'd be callin!

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by windowlicker View Post
    Ohh, yeah... No Lock looks like it would do the job too! Does No Lock allow the use of other lock screen apps, for example Widget Locker, or does it block all lock screens? With SGS Info you can turn off the stock lock screen but still use Widget Locker. It removes all the annoying glitches that occur when you have both lock screens activated... There's no flickering between the two locks since one is completely disabled.
    Er, I'm not sure about that stuff, it's a bit too technical for me, I'm a bit of a noob at all this

M@31 - I can understand where you are coming from but it is quite hard to press the home button accidentally, I just like the way I can wake my phone up and it's ready for action

Licking windows
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by M@31 View Post
    Why disable the auto lock.....if its in your pocket and and the home/power button get pushed.....there would be no telling what you'd be opening up or who you'd be callin!
    That's true. It would be great if you could only wake the phone with the home button. Since it's slightly recessed, it's virtually impossible that it will be pushed by accident in your pocket. The power button is another story, since it sticks out a bit, I can definitely see that power button accidents can happen.

The main benefit IMO of disabling the (stock) lock screen is namely that you can get rid of the "two lock screens on top of eachother" lag/flickering issue when using third party lock screen apps.

And if you're at the computer trying out things, changing things on your phone, pulling and pushing with ADB, installing and uninstalling stuff - it's nice to be able to disable the lock screen so that you don't have to unlock the phone every single time you need to access it.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by M@31 View Post
    As far as I know, the only way your phone could do things if your hands were to touch the screen, as the hardware buttons can't do anything apart from opening the menu

I use nolock and the phone has not lit up to wast my battery yet
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

11. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information