As a pretty recent Galaxy S-owner and a total n00b here I start by apologizing on beforehand if this is a well known issue and obvious issue...
I am running original-fw and this problem has been there from the get go and is still there.
I can't seem to get the battery status to update either by using or charging the device. Neither the status bar one or the one in the settings menu. Have tried a bunch of widgets and apps to make sure it just wasn't a visual fault
I tried this battery calibration routine, It doesn't really fit my fw but I gave it a couple of shots anyway.
1. Run the device down until it turns itself off.
2. Turn it back on and wait for it to turn itself off again.
3. Remove the battery for 10 seconds.
4. Replace the battery, but leave the device off.
5. Charge the device until full and then for another hour.
6. Boot into recovery and reset battery stats (or, go to console and type “su” enter, followed by “rm /data/system/batterystats.bin”)*
7. Run the device’s battery down until it turns itself off.
8. Charge to full while off.
9. Restart and use as normal.
Bullet number 6 (which feels kind of crucial) didn't quite fit with the recovery menu I got and is the "console" referred to the one in the Debug Bridge? But I did a factory reset from the menu anyways just to be sure
even tried the routine with another sim-card after a tip from samsung service support.
Anyone heard of this before and perhaps a solution?