text message display question - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: text message display question

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered250 Experience Points
    striker is on a distinguished road
    Level

text message display question

Is there a way, place, app, tool, setting to change the way text messages are displayed. Instead of the reply from who ever you are texting showing immediately below your message, mine are appearing right below their last reply. So I have to keep scrolling up to read their reply.
    Like this.

my txt.
    their txt.
    their txt.
    their txt.
    my txt.
    my txt.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Senior Member systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough
    Isn't the behavior that you are referring to already implemented in stock messaging?

My text (first sms to jen)
    Jen's text (first sms from jen to me)
    My text (replying jen's first sms)
    Their text (second sms from jen to me)
    Their text (third sms from jen to me since she didnt get my reply)
    My text (replying jen, explaining i was away from the phone)

Not like this? What are you talking about?

Senior Kamote elvin is on a distinguished road
    i don't get it. why do you have to scroll down to the last message (their reply)?
    when you open messaging app, it should take you to the most recent message...

Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    What it's doing is posting the messages by the time stamp..which makes sense..
    what I would like to be able to do is either set it up so the messages display like a "real conversation"..my message, their reply, my message, their reply.
    Or..eliminate my reply from the display..

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots has a reputation beyond repute Goots's Avatar
    Level
    I get mine the same as systemX, as a conversation between two people. I can't understand why you would want them any other way. I didn't even know you had the option to view them any differently.

Senior Member clareriley will become famous soon enough clareriley's Avatar
    Mine come through ok most of the time but sometimes the time stamp is a little out of whack and it gets muddled up. I am on O2 at the moment until I change to orange at the end of the month and O2 have always had problems with out of whack time stamps.

Senior Kamote elvin is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by striker View Post
    What it's doing is posting the messages by the time stamp..which makes sense..
    what I would like to be able to do is either set it up so the messages display like a "real conversation"..my message, their reply, my message, their reply.
    Or..eliminate my reply from the display..
    i see that the problem here is time stamping... here in the Philippines, i used to own nokia's and ericssons and i always get time stamp based on the time the sms was actually sent by the sender, not when it was received by me. but with SGS i notice that time stamp is now using the time of receipt. there were instances i had to turn off my phone at night and get all the sms only in the morning when i turn it on. and all sms timestamps are reading the time i turned on the phone even though they were sent the night before.

Senior Member clareriley will become famous soon enough clareriley's Avatar
    Im mentioned this to orange today as I was on the phone with them for something else. The tech guy said its a problem Samsung are aware of and look for any fixes through there software.

1 - They are not going to just release a fix, it will prob be in the 2.2 update and the bloke said yes probably.

2 - I cant even connect to Kies with my phone.. the bloke said thats a major problem which samsung are also aware of, something to do with 16 digit file extensions.

So we just have to carry on playing the waiting game... sigh.

Achievements:
    Level
    It's definitely the time stamp screwing it up.
    I was texting a family member tonite and her last message to me was time stamped 19:36 yet I sent her the message she replied to at 20:17.
    It's not a huge deal if your text message is short but when it gets so long you are scrolling up and down to read replies..it's a pain..

Senior Member systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough
    You and your family member on the same carrier? Who's the carrier?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information