Cannot change Notification tone - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot change Notification tone

Question Cannot change Notification tone

Hi there

I have tried changing the Notifiation tone numerous times now, and cannot even change it to another standard tone, let alone a music file. Worked fine for the caller ringtone placed mp3's in audio > ringtones worked a treat. But not working for Notifications. It finds the tracks on the phone under notification tones, and lets me select the ( and I even here it demo the track ) but when I get someone to text me, its standard mailbox sound.

Any ideas please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Senior Member systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough
    Messaging > Menu button > Settings > Scroll down > Select ringtone (you can put your custom ringtones here by doing the below)

Applications > My files > Media folder > Audio folder > Create a notifications folder if it doesn't exist (Menu button > Create folder) > Put desired ringtone here for notifications

Did you do the above steps and yet you still get the same mailbox sound?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to systemX For This Useful Post:

bobtom (10-31-2012), picassoc4 (02-14-2012), saracen (10-04-2011)

Junior Member Blodhemn is on a distinguished road
    Yes that fixed it.

Thanks a LOT

Rob

Junior Member Tom is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

I don't have a Media folder and Audio folder in My Files, where should I place the new Notification folder?
    And could i choose the sounds from that folder for messages, mails, notification alert?
    Thank you

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul's Avatar
    Level
    Also you might try to install Handcent SMS, it allows to assign custom ringtones!

Wouldnt want to install anything as things look already too complicated to me.
    So, in which folder should I place the tones or if i have to make a new one, where would i create it?

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul is a splendid one to behold DirtySoul's Avatar
    Level
    Tom, just download and install Handcent SMS, replace stock messaging app with it, go to settings and assign. By the way, Handcent SMS is way better than the stock one. No need to create new tones or place in a new folder, you'll assign them as you assign ringer tone.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Can't means Won't, Won't means Jail

If you still don't want to install Handcent SMS or other apps the same (really easy way) then you could follow;

IF it doesn't exist; Menu button - Create folder. Applications/My files/Media/Audio/Notifications

So when in my files, create folder Media, then when in Media, create folder Audio then when in Audio create folder Notifications. When that's done find the tone you want and add it to the Notifications folder
    Last edited by Doomed; 09-24-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doomed For This Useful Post:

BigIan (10-01-2010)

Thank you!
    That worked nicely and easily!

Just wondering if the folder has to be called Notification for the files to be found. I have a folder named Sounds but the files were not visible until i copied to the Notification folder.
    Thanks again

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    BigIan is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomed View Post
    Can't means Won't, Won't means Jail

If you still don't want to install Handcent SMS or other apps the same (really easy way) then you could follow;

IF it doesn't exist; Menu button - Create folder. Applications/My files/Media/Audio/Notifications

So when in my files, create folder Media, then when in Media, create folder Audio then when in Audio create folder Notifications. When that's done find the tone you want and add it to the Notifications folder

great - done it!!

thanks Doomed

14. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information