Samsung Galaxy S turns off? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S turns off?

Angry Samsung Galaxy S turns off?

Hi i have had my phone couple weeks now, but noticed that it turns itself off randomly, there is nothing wrong with the battery as i bought spare one and its still doing it. Anyone else had this issue?

any help appreciated thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Senior Member systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough
    Never happened for me. You could look at this > http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/show...ull=1#post8176

And if that doesn't work, bring it back to the place you got it from and have them look at it?

ok thanks will try what says on link

Junior Member JoeyB is on a distinguished road
    Hi, I bought a galaxy vibrant last Monday and exchanged it on Friday because it would shut down every night at least twice, (I work midnights). Now this one is doing the same thing. In total I've had the phones shut down on me about 20 times. I'll try the battery removal thing but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Okay the guy at the bell store told me there is an update available on Samsung's website. All I could find was a user manual under downloads. Anybody know if a recent update was issued? I wish I knew why it shuts off on it's own. This is what I have:

GT-I9000M
    2.1-update1
    I9000UGJG9
    darae.ahn@sep-20 #2
    ECLAIR.UGJG9

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could/should do. I could exchange it for another phone but I think it's not the hardware, but the software. I really love this phone, the mobile AP is just great! BTW - 95% of the time when it shuts off it's been in my pocket. But it's in my pocket most of the time too.

Therealnillian - Did pulling the battery help you out?

Senior Member systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough
    You will need to launch Kies, connect the phone to the PC (select samsung kies), then check if there is a firmware upgrade for the phone in Kies.

Okay thank you. I'll try that. I haven't even installed kies yet.

try downloading it here > http://haxer.org/sgs/kies_win.exe

its the installer i used and it works for me.. (win7 64bit)

Installed it and tried it a few times. Just hung on the kies splash screen using 95% cpu. Phone said connected to kies but program didn't work. Win7 32bit

ok thanks peeps, yesterday i decided to totally do a factory reset , it formatted it, it has not turned off at all today also my gps works alot better now so try that. Just make sure you write down all mob numbers etc u need first .

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information