anyway to record a call? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anyway to record a call?

fake Mọderator
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level

anyway to record a call?

i need a way to record a call. i cant seem to find a way to record a call in the main settings of the phone, but i see on my google voice account, it gives me the options to listen to recorded calls. but i dont know how to record calls on google voice.. does anyone know how to do this? or any way at all to record a call. its really important that i record a call i make later tonight. so if anyone knows anything i would really really really appreciate it!

edit: i found one way to record with google voice.. but it announces "this call is now being recorded" and you only have the option when they call you..
    does anyone know of a way, short of a tape recorder being held up to the phone, that i can record a call?
    Last edited by soraxd; 08-30-2010 at 12:37 PM.
    .____________...___________./l、
    ...add me [= .......____________...(゚、 。 7
    .......h3artlessjerk@hotmail.com .  l、 ~ヽ
    .............._______________............... じしf_, )ノ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Member Stockfeed is on a distinguished road Stockfeed's Avatar
    i think theres an app for it, i remember seeing one in my menu, but im just kies flashing to jpc right now(froyo!!) so ill check for you when im done :P

EDIT: nope sorry, it was voice recorder i was thinking of, but i googled it real quick and saw someone saying they used ringdroid to record a call. maybe check that out?
    Last edited by Stockfeed; 08-30-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Vodafone UK
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Kev will become famous soon enough Kev's Avatar
    Level
    I recorded a conversation i had on a landline using a device that attached to the back of the phone via suction for proof in case of further action and later found out unless i announced that "This Conversation Is Being Recorded" i could be liable in a court of law !!

This i imagine is why Google voice has this announcement as a default feature.

Also you notice a good many company's including service providers announce this pre phone conversation, Which i must admit was very handy when phones 4 u miss sold me a contract recently But goes some way to substantiating the claim....

Just thought i would throw this in for ref..

Found this one below as you got me Googling

It warns incoming record feature not available on all droid fones, Maybe worth a shot as it's £ Free

allrecorder
    Last edited by Kev; 08-30-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    It Would Appear I've Lost My iphone......Again...........Yippi...

fake Mọderator
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd has much to be proud of soraxd's Avatar
    Level
    i tried that app, but it only records my mic, not the other person =/ . it was a good idea tho. is there a way i can add my computer in as a third party to the conversation and record it?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registeredCreated Album pictures250 Experience Points
    Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski has a spectacular aura about Piterski's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by soraxd View Post
    i tried that app, but it only records my mic, not the other person =/
    Did you try to use speakerphone ?

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    kazimbr is on a distinguished road
    Level
    There was an app for it on Windows Mobile, and it didn't announce it was recording either.. I really miss this on Android too.

It is indeed illegal to record a call without warning the other person, but hell who cares?

fake Mọderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    well on the subject nearly 100% of the time, its harmless, and friends having fun with each other. as far as using it for court, it was a nice piece of information sharing it can be held against you, but i found somewhat of a solution.. here it is. you need 2 phones tho, but other than that i think its the best method. call someone who has google voice (aka my room mate), that person long presses 4, and it announces call being recorded. then on a 3rd line call someone else, and 3way the conversation. the first phone will be recording, while the second and receiving party talk on the phone. i would suggest muting the first phone thats recording, so background noise doesnt get into it. another thing that would work is if you have a sony ericsson phone, calling it on 3rd party and recording, since all sony ericsson phones have the ability.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class7 days registered250 Experience Points
    John-H is a jewel in the rough John-H is a jewel in the rough John-H is a jewel in the rough John-H is a jewel in the rough John-H's Avatar
    Level
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but for point of reference - it is NOT illegal to record a call in the UK for your own purposes. There is no need to inform anyone you are doing so as long as the recording remains private to you. It could be for your own notes, as a reminder, whatever. There is nothing illegal about this.

You would be in breach of DPA regulations, which is a criminal offence, if you were to release the recording to a third party - this is one root of the misconception. The other root I believe, is that some old GPO (prior to BT) customer landline contracts may have outlawed recording in the contract but this would be a civil breach not criminal. I'm not aware of any current customer contracts that seek to prevent you recording your own phone calls.

If you inform the other party that you are recording the call you are then at liberty to disclose the recording to a third party. You can also seek their permission afterwards.

There is even an exemption to the DPA requirement if the recording has a public interest aspect or forms evidence of criminality etc - the BBC and other broadcasters do it all the time for consumer Watchdog type programmes where they catch fraudsters out etc. and there’s nothing to prevent you disclosing to law enforcement. You don’t need to inform or seek retrospective permission from the other party in this case.

Normally in a civil dispute (e.g. breach of contract) evidence you had covertly recorded would not be admissible in court but you can write a transcript and include that under disclosure rules and then refer to what you need to in court. If it gets disputed then you can present your recording to prove veracity of the transcript.
    I've got a headache and eyestrain ... one day all will be fixed!

SGS I9000 with Darky's ROM 9.5 still until they get call recording on a newer ROM

10. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information