750mb enough 3g usage per month? - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 750mb enough 3g usage per month?

750mb enough 3g usage per month?

Hi I just got out a contract with o2 and they provide 750mb of 3g usage and unlimited wifi. I was just wondering for the average user is 750mb enough?? Does the sat nav gps use a lot of the memory of 3g or does it work a different way?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    kazimbr is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Depends on what gps program you use. Google maps will use 3G continously, while paid programs will come with the map pre-loaded and won't spend any data.

I think 750mb is enough if you don't watch videos, or don't visit image-heavy websites (some websites will eat 3mb just from opening them)

Also, I don't understand the unlimited wifi thing. What does o2 have to do with that?

Junior Member Jamie is on a distinguished road
    Do you have the phone then? If you do how much data does your contract give you? Unlimited wifi is like when your at home and you set the phone to use your wireless modem and i think its when you are using hotspots but im not too sure. I am going to be using facebook and other non heavy websites. I would watch the odd youtube video but i dont watch many at all

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience Points500 Experience Points
    andy-roid is a jewel in the rough andy-roid is a jewel in the rough andy-roid is a jewel in the rough andy-roid is a jewel in the rough andy-roid's Avatar
    Level
    If youve got wifi and internet at home you will not use much of your data plan im on 500meg...if you need to download app or update one use wifi

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    mrcaptain is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kazimbr View Post
    Depends on what gps program you use. Google maps will use 3G continously, while paid programs will come with the map pre-loaded and won't spend any data.

I think 750mb is enough if you don't watch videos, or don't visit image-heavy websites (some websites will eat 3mb just from opening them)

Also, I don't understand the unlimited wifi thing. What does o2 have to do with that?
    O2 give you unlimited BT openzone wifi. Kinda like the iphone giving you 1GB wifi, it doesn't mean you can only use 1GB of wifi, but 1GB of BT openzone wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by andyp View Post
    If youve got wifi and internet at home you will not use much of your data plan im on 500meg...if you need to download app or update one use wifi
    Is there an app or software that tracks how much data you have used in the month? Do you know how much data you roughly use per month? Im going to set it to work on my netgear internet when im at home so im sure 750mb per month will be just fine.

Plus anyone interested in buying the Samsung Galaxy S, O2 are giving away a free 8gb memory card for free with every contract

Senior Member systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Is there an app or software that tracks how much data you have used in the month? Do you know how much data you roughly use per month? Im going to set it to work on my netgear internet when im at home so im sure 750mb per month will be just fine.

Plus anyone interested in buying the Samsung Galaxy S, O2 are giving away a free 8gb memory card for free with every contract
    3G watchdog to track 3g data usage. Im on a 500mb plan, so far used 100mb max.

Quote Originally Posted by systemX View Post
    3G watchdog to track 3g data usage. Im on a 500mb plan, so far used 100mb max.
    Thanks mate, it is being delivered on Tuesday i cant wait. Just wanted to find a little more about the data usage as im no expert lol. I will download 3G Watchdog then when i get it.

Senior Member systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough systemX is a jewel in the rough
    Make sure to find out when does the billing cycle start and end, so that you can input the start/end dates into 3G watchdog, which would then help you monitor it better too.

ok cheers mate, i will look at the app when i get the phone on tuesday. Has anyone hear found they had gone over their data allowence?

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information