Samsung Galaxy S3 SD card won't mount in the new Note 2 that I just got - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S3 SD card won't mount in the new Note 2 that I just got

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    hartee is on a distinguished road
    Level

Samsung Galaxy S3 SD card won't mount in the new Note 2 that I just got

Hi
    I tried backing up my data and stuff from the S3 through Kies and then transferring the data to my new Note 2 but that doesn't work. I then noticed that the 16gb Sd card I had for the S3 does not mount correctly for the Note 2 is this because the Note 2 needs a special type of card? I am perplexed because I used this same SD card when I upgraded from the S2 to the S3 and I expected that this would be ok for the Note 2.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    No, should be the same card.
    What errors are you getting?
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered31 days registered100 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Mount SD Card

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Card must be either in wrong or corrupt.
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    Save the data of your SD card, then format it. See if this solves the problem.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Achievements:
    Level
    Hard to save the data if the Note doesn't recognise it also hard to re-format for same reason. RichH the SD card can only go in one way. I can't use the S3 to save the data now as I have given the phone away. I suppose the data is already backed up under Kies but like I said you can only transfer some of the data to the new phone no apps and certificates and things like that.
    Anyway thank you all for your replies if I have any success I will post back here and let you know.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    alicepattinson is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    Card must be either in wrong or corrupt.
    Hi how would you know if the card's corrupt? Will it be like if you connect the phone to ur desktop/laptop it will say "CANT READ ... etc" ??

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Mount it in a card reader and connect to your PC.
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    Ok got the card to work. That was the puzzling thing RichH the PC could read the card no problem. Anyway all solved now. I downloaded all the data photo's etc from the card to my PC then put the SD card back in the old phone and reformatted the SD card and then mounted it in the new phone. All good now. Thank you all for your input. It was a puzzle like I said just glad their was a solution. Thanks again

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks for letting us know.
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information