Samsung S4 Mini I9195 - Not Registered on Network - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung S4 Mini I9195 - Not Registered on Network

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered
    blued is on a distinguished road
    Level

Samsung S4 Mini I9195 - Not Registered on Network

Hi all,

I hope you can help. I'm a Galaxy S2 owner and decided to get my girlfriend an upgrade from her Samsung Y for her birthday.

I bought a brand new unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9195 from Ebay and it came from UAE. When I try to make a phone call the phone comes up 'Not registered on network'. It is a Tesco SIM and when I select O2 through the Mobile Networks settings it does appear to register on the network. I can then browse the internet using 3G. As soon as I try to make a call I get the 'Not registered on network' error again. I've tried rebooting several times, a factory reset and selecting GSM only under mobile network settings. The SIM works fine in another phone. I've also tried another SIM, an EE one. It has similar symptoms but instead of displaying the 'Not registered on network' error it looks like it is about to make the call and then comes up 'Call ended' before it even rings.

The seller has 100% positive feedback with 400+ scores and numerous other people have bought phones and left positive feedback. I've contacted him but thought I could see if there is anything I can do in the meantime?

I've checked the status of IMIE using the following site and it is not blocked.

http://www.amta.org.au/pages/amta/Ch...f.your.Handset

Any help appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Are you in the UK?
    The IMEI check you have linked is for Australia. An IMEI block is usually country specific so you should check on UK website www.checkmend.com/uk
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RichH For This Useful Post:

blued (09-19-2013)

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic's Avatar
    Level
    It does sound like it is blocked but phones blocked here work abroad so should be the other way round. Let us know how you get on.
    SGSIII
    Unlocked
    O2 Rooted

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Swipermusic For This Useful Post:

blued (09-19-2013)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks for your help, phone is currently blocked, reported lost or stolen. I'm off to raise a dispute :/

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Unfortunately, we knew that
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    Will this phone work in another country? I received a voltage adapter with the phone but the plug in the box was UK spec so if it is only blocked in the UK I'm guessing they meant to send this phone to somewhere else in the world. Hopefully the seller will refund, if not will need to escalate to ebay when allowed.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    In theory, yes.
    IMEI databases tend to be country specific (but there is a european one).
    From your link it appears to not be blocked in Australia but it is in UK for example....
    Good luck with the refund - If you paid by Paypal make sure you lodge a complaint with them immediately.....
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    So if I move to Oz the phone will be ok!

I hadn't thought about raising with PayPal as well, just tried it though and it said I couldn't because I already have a dispute raised through Ebay. Do you think I should contact PayPal or is the fact the 2 companies are linked enough?

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    I think the fact they are linked would be OK.....
    So if I bought the phone off you does that mean that I would have to move to Oz too
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    I can see a deal here, I'll make the guy an offer, a full refund or a relocation package!!

14. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information