GS4 sync phone calendars with laptop Outlook - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GS4 sync phone calendars with laptop Outlook

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class31 days registered
    jerseyjane is on a distinguished road
    Level

GS4 sync phone calendars with laptop Outlook

I upgraded to S4 two days ago and have been trying to get my phone to sync with my laptop without going to sync (whic I will do if necessary) or having to hook up device to laptop and go through Kies for those two days. I am so frustrated. On my S2 I could enter an event on my laptop and it would immediately go to my device, or vice versa. When I was getting it set up, I could actually watch events appear and disappear. I loved it. At 11 pm I entered on my phone, "go to bed." It still is not in my Outlook on my laptop. In order to get it there I have to cable it or Kies air it. That is cumbersome and time consuming. I don't always carry my laptop, which is why I have a smartphone. I use both laptop and phone, but they are not always together. I have been on Samsung chat they keep referring me to links using cable or going into Kies. Anybody have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Jerseyjane

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Do you have auto sync enabled?
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    Thank you for answering. I have it on the very first pull down icons from the top, the third choice. (I rearranged all my icons to my own order.) Where else would auto sync be? I have gone through all the settings and there is not anything for auto sync. Some of the menus are changed and I'm not sure where certain things are because I've been trying to get my calendars in order.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    Look in settings then go to the accounts tab. Each of your listed accounts have separate sync settings within.
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    Look in settings then go to the accounts tab. Each of your listed accounts have separate sync settings within.
    Was going to suggest that but then realised I wasn't sure which account would have the Kies option....so just stayed out of it

Oh.....hang on....probably the account called Samsung....I should probably just delete this whole comment!
    S3 (i9300) - AOKP 4.3
    Note 3 (N9005) - 4.3
    Nexus 7 (2012) - 4.4.2
    G+ Tuffinhio Mamoru

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Samsung account if you use Samsung calendar or Google account if you (wait for it) use Google calendar
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Level
    I have checked every sync option on every menu setting, email setting, calendar setting. I have Biz Calendar, the regular calendar that comes with the Galaxy, I gues that is Google calendar, Samsung calendar, on my device and on my lapto Outlook calendar and my work (Microsoft Exchange) calendar. So why do I have all these calendars? Not by choice. When I first restored to the 4, zero, nada, nothing restored. I almost had heart failure. I have the Biz Calendar because I sort of liked it, but when the google calendar changed, I like it more. Someone told me the only way to get my calendar(s) to restore was to have a Samsung calendar, thus I had to make a Samsung calendar. I have my forever Outlook calendar from 1990 - why should I give that up? When I go on my lapton, Kies AIr, there is the Samsung calendar. I don't need that, because if I was always going to use my laptop, I would use my Outlook calendar. Am I asking for too much? I want my Outlook Calendar and my Exchange Calendar. I can get rid of "my calendars," Google and Samsung. I mean, really. Thank you for your help. The Chat person told me to call voice support, I will be doing that the minute I get home. I can't believe I am asking for too much. Go ahead, shatter my expectations.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Well I kinda got lost in your last post lol, but I use Google calendar for everything as I can access it anywhere on any device and it works fine.....
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    From my experience I find that the Samsung phone's default to the Samsung calender until otherwise specified.
    Easiest way to check which calendar account is being used is to create a new event, you should then have the option somewhere at the top (when setting the details for the event) to change the account.
    S3 (i9300) - AOKP 4.3
    Note 3 (N9005) - 4.3
    Nexus 7 (2012) - 4.4.2
    G+ Tuffinhio Mamoru

Achievements:
    Level
    Well, you didn't shatter my expectations too badly. I am an Outlook and Microsoft Exchange girl. I only use google for "shopping" or emails I don't want. Anyway, you think you were lost in the post..... Have a nice weekend.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information