the audio is in AAC format. I wonder if some of the problems are caused by data not transferring quickly enough over WLAN to the phone? I tried another video, and it started working but kept buffering every few seconds until it just stopped and said it was unable to play the file.
does the windows event log report any errors?
(enter eventvwr in the run dialog box)
Thanks for the suggestion. I got no errors with one of the videos that plays but without sound, but got a "Warning" for an MOV file that allshare wouldn't play at all. The Warning in EventViewer was:
The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service cannot process the request for URI 'http://....etc.mov' from IP address '192.etc' due to error '0x80070002'. [obviously I change the URL and IP address]. Source is "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" and Event ID is 14104
Does this mean anything to you? A google search of this number brought up various issues related to Windows update. But this obviously isn't relevant as i'm on a cleanly installed legal version of W7x64.
EDIT: just found this online:
* If your wmsetup.log contains error "0x80070002": This is "The system cannot find the file specified." If this is in regards to a "WMC_CopyFile" failing for the two Netscape plug-in files, this is an ignorable error. If it's a different error, you would need to post your full setup log. (source: http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html)
Last edited by bmot; 08-19-2010 at 10:44 PM.
it said to enable QoS Packet Scheduler, but this was already enabled. Thanks for the suggestion though
Sorry, not sure. Can't see anything online.
Did you also check the System log aswell as the Application log in event viewer?
I'm not sure what log windows posts these errors into.
I couldn't find anything more in the logs than what i posted earlier. i think the problem lies with the phone not with WMP / Media Server on my PC. From what others have said, allshare seems to be re-encoding the video data and as a consequence ballsing it up. I think there's no way round other than re-encoding at PC end although to be honest i'm more interested in the principle of streaming video than actually doing it!
Has anyone managed to successfully send data from their phone to WMP (the top option in Allshare)? I always get an error, usually "Sorry! The applciation AllShare (process com.sec.android.app.dlna) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" [FORCE CLOSE]. Or sometimes it says "Cannot play file". However, most of the time the video or photo actually plays on the target PC, as long as there is only one, and as long as I don't press "Force Close". If I select more than one file it won't play the 2nd or any further files. Anyone else with this experience?
* UPDATE *
I got a new router, the wifi problems are completely resolved. So if you're also having wifi problems perhaps see if you can update your firmware, or if not get a new router. I got the AVM Fritz!Box 2720 as I have an ISDN phone and live in Germany (apparently this router's German firmware is better than the English firmware so thought I should mention that).
As for the DLNA video problem, I think we'll just have to accept that in its current incarnation Allshare can't play videos encoded in certain ways. Which is a real shame as the technology is almost there. I will wait until it's updated before using it to any degree.
Thanks again to those of you who contributed answers and advice.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)