Thread: Music Album Art

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    gatoprime is on a distinguished road
    Level

Music Album Art

When using the Music Application, not all of the albums show the album's cover art. This is a problem because the artwork makes each album easily distinguishable from another.

The problem specifically occurs when a music file does not have the metadata that contained the original artwork. I've tried to ameliorate this problem by using third-party metadata-editing software to edit the music files' properties (.mp3/.ogg/.flac) to no avail. The S4 doesn't recognize these edits.

Previous iterations of the Galaxy allowed you to simply place a picture file of the artwork in the same folder containing an album's music files, but that solution does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by gatoprime View Post
    When using the Music Application, not all of the albums show the album's cover art. This is a problem because the artwork makes each album easily distinguishable from another.

The problem specifically occurs when a music file does not have the metadata that contained the original artwork. I've tried to ameliorate this problem by using third-party metadata-editing software to edit the music files' properties (.mp3/.ogg/.flac) to no avail. The S4 doesn't recognize these edits.

Previous iterations of the Galaxy allowed you to simply place a picture file of the artwork in the same folder containing an album's music files, but that solution does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?
    You can associate an album cover to each mp3 track of an album, I don't think you even require to have the picture in the same folder after the association. To do this I use MP3Tag.
    I usually have around 5 albums which lose their album cover for what ever reason, I deal with these manually using MP3Tag. It's easy,

1. Download and open MP3 Tag - Link Here
    2. Drag and drop the album into the MP3Tag window
    3. Select all files (Ctrl-A) and press Ctrl-T to edit the Tag info, there'll be a window with the album info and a pic of the album....or not.
    S3 (i9300) - AOKP 4.3
    Note 3 (N9005) - 4.3
    Nexus 7 (2012) - 4.4.2
    G+ Tuffinhio Mamoru

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    You can also select all at step 3 and drag the album artwork to the box lower left in the main window, then CTRL-S to save. If there is already album artwork present right click and delete before dragging the new across.
    Last edited by stonkr; 05-25-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: typo
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    gatoprime is on a distinguished road
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by stonkr View Post
    You can also select all at step 3 and drag the album artwork to the box lower left in the main window, then CTRL-S to save. If there is already album artwork present right click and delete before dragging the new across.

These seem to fix my problem, thanks!

6. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information