[How Too] Galaxy s2 broken screen no display transfer files to pc when usb doesnt show phone - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Galaxy s2 broken screen no display transfer files to pc when usb doesnt show phone

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    pcfixme is on a distinguished road
    Level

Galaxy s2 broken screen no display transfer files to pc when usb doesnt show phone

I am working on a Galaxy s2 with a broken screen. My friend wants to transfer all her pictures to a computer. The problem is when I plug the phone into the pc it doesnt show up. I tried installing drivers for the phone but nothing.
    I am assuming the usb debug is off. with the screen being broke I dont see how i can turn on the usb utilities thru the wifi setting or turn on the usb connection or usb debug.
    I was looking for a way to remote in using SDK but again without the usb set up for pc connection it wont work.
    I was thinking blue tooth or infrared to my laptop? would that work? She is sending the phone in for repair but they said all her pics will be gone. She doesnt want that.
    Any thoughts? Any help?? Is there a way I can turn on the usb setting blindly?

Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    It should connect via MTP automatically, but will not show up if there is a screen lock setup. If that is the case you can remote unlock the phone via the Samsung Dive website, but only if a Samsung account has been setup on the phone.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    I know she is not set up on Samsung Dive. Can we set her up now? and then remove the lock? Or do I need to be able to see the phone and to set up Dive?

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class31 days registered
    RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH has a reputation beyond repute RichH's Avatar
    Level
    The only possible way to set it up now is to put the SIM in another phone and set it up then replace the SIM in the phone with the faulty screen.
    Samsung ATIVs SIM Free. Orange UK. WP8
    SGS 3 i9305 SIM Free. Dev Tool. Galaxy Project ROM. 4.3. Three UK
    HTC ONE Gold O2 UK 4G
    "Help4Mobiles"

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    THx for the reply! I took the back off and the battery and did not see a sim card....do I have to unscrew it? And does the sim have to go into another galaxy s2? or can it go into any phone?

Stupid Modulator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    7 days registered31 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr has much to be proud of stonkr's Avatar
    Level
    I could be wrong etc but I think the Samsung account is a setting on the phone itself. You have to set it up on the phone and then you can access it from a PC, which you will not be able to do as the screen does not work.

Can I assume a lockscreen was setup by the owner?

My suggestion would be to replace the screen yourself or alternatively connect a known working screen so that the data can be removed. Have a look at THIS VIDEO on YouTube.
    I could be wrong, I usually am. (Because it's only a phone)
    Triple Eye Pebble with extra added E=MC²:CF-Root:JKay Deluxe
    What next: Note 4?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 683
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    This could be a long shot and you properly require the touch part of the screen to work. Try connecting the phone to your TV, not sure what cable it would require. But if it works, you should able to see the screen, then go from there.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

9. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information