How to get my phone to play music through this hifi - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to get my phone to play music through this hifi

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    sam67 is on a distinguished road
    Level

How to get my phone to play music through this hifi

Does anyone know how i can play music off my phone through my hifi ..my hifi has usb on front and an audio in as well as ipod/iphone dock.Here is the system i have http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...specifications

I was thinking of adding a 32gb sd card to my phone and fill it with music so i can play it through my hifi instead of streaming from my pc and using cds .Is it possible to use the galaxy s on my car cd player as well ?

Any help appreciated. I did try and connect my phone through the usb port on my hifi but it did not see it.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    The most common way to get music playing through a hifi would be to buy an audio cable, specifically a 3.5mm jack to audio connector.

3.5mm jack goes in your phone and the audio (red, white) goes in the back of the hifi.

Your hifi may not have recognised the external sdcard, try storing music on the phone itself if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Tufftoad; 01-21-2013 at 07:09 AM.
    S3 (i9300) - AOKP 4.3
    Note 3 (N9005) - 4.3
    Nexus 7 (2012) - 4.4.2
    G+ Tuffinhio Mamoru

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic's Avatar
    Level
    I play all my music through my Bose using a jack connector, it is stored on my 16gb internal SD card. Sounds great.
    Got mine from ebay just search SGS1 audio connector.
    Last edited by Swipermusic; 01-21-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    SGSIII
    Unlocked
    O2 Rooted

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Tufftoad View Post
    The most common way to get music playing through a hifi would be to buy an audio cable, specifically a 3.5mm jack to audio connector.

3.5mm jack goes in your phone and the audio (red, white) goes in the back of the hifi.

Your hifi may not have recognised the external sdcard, try storing music on the phone itself if you haven't already.
    My hifi does not have audio connector at the back This is sony lol that's why i posted the link with the specs to see if anyone knew how i could do this ?whish i had gone for iphone as it supports it with docking station.This was not a cheap hifi and i am miffed that i cannot play my galaxy through it.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Banjaxed will become famous soon enough Banjaxed's Avatar
    Level
    Your HiFi has a wireless network connection facility. Why don't you see if you can connect to your phone via your router and local network?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points7 days registered250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed has a brilliant future Doomed's Avatar
    Level
    I like the WiFi idea. Does the radio have 3.5mm jack input. If so get a 3.5-3.5mm jack cable.
    Arch Linux, with Enlightenment 17
    SGS TripleEye (White) Firmware: Cyanogenmod 10 (JB 4.2.2) - Rooted

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience PointsTagger First Class250 Experience Points
    Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad has a reputation beyond repute Tufftoad's Avatar
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sam67 View Post
    My hifi does not have audio connector at the back This is sony lol that's why i posted the link with the specs to see if anyone knew how i could do this ?whish i had gone for iphone as it supports it with docking station.This was not a cheap hifi and i am miffed that i cannot play my galaxy through it.
    I clicked on the Tips & Solutions tab on the link you provided and the 4th question down was "Does the unit have a line in jack?"

Answer: Yes, the unit has an AUDIO IN stereo mini jack.

Therefore the cable you need would be a 3.5mm audio jack to 3.5mm audio jack.

Next preference would be to use the USB cable and the best option is to use the WiFi capability. For now buy the cable that I mentioned on the sentence above, this will get the music flowing. Afterwards try and figure out the Wifi option.
    S3 (i9300) - AOKP 4.3
    Note 3 (N9005) - 4.3
    Nexus 7 (2012) - 4.4.2
    G+ Tuffinhio Mamoru

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class7 days registered100 Experience Points250 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic is just really nice Swipermusic's Avatar
    Level
    Yes thats what I said I used, I thought all hi fi's had a jack connector.
    SGSIII
    Unlocked
    O2 Rooted

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Swipermusic For This Useful Post:

sam67 (01-23-2013)

Achievements:
    Level
    The last Hifi I owned was made by Amstrad and I got it as a present 22 years ago

Now I just use an old Kenwood Amp (Nice warm sound) which I run my PC, Xbox and TV through. My speakers are Q-Acoustic 1030i's, bloody amazing sound for £120 (couple of years ago). If you can find a pair I definitely recommend buying them.
    S3 (i9300) - AOKP 4.3
    Note 3 (N9005) - 4.3
    Nexus 7 (2012) - 4.4.2
    G+ Tuffinhio Mamoru

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tufftoad For This Useful Post:

sam67 (01-23-2013)

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks Tufftoad and everyone else for there input.Got it sorted ,got an audio in cable from asda plugged it in phone and in "audio in " on hifi .Works well .I had already set up my hifi to stream from my pc and it works a treat ect .Just wanted to put phone through hifi when i was not connected to net ,that's all i was after and it is sorted now .

Just wanted to get the most from my phone .I have a few more questions but will open another thread as it's not about this topic.

14. Remove Advertisements
    Samsung Galaxy S Forum
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information