My New Galaxy S2G [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: My New Galaxy S2G

mohammedkhairy
05-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Recently i purchased a samsung galaxy s2 (Gt-I9100G)
it made in china by Samsung "written in french"
I'm a new user for Samsung phones and Android system
its data is:
================
PDA : I9100GJPKH8
PHONE : I9100GDZKH5
CSC : I9100GOJPKG7
Build Info : Mon Aug 29 14:04:52 KST 2011
Android Version : 2.3.4 Ginger bread
================
Is there is an official update for this phone supporting Arabic language ??
How and where can I find these official update?
How can I choose my appropriate update to my phone?
How can I install update in my phone?
How can I know is my phone rooted or not?
Is that necessary to root my device?
What is KERNEL ?
What is the meaning of "Dead phone", and how can I avoid this?
================
When i connect my phone to computer with Kies program this message shown up
" Your device doesn't support software upgrading via kies "
"Current firmware version : PDA:KH8 / PHONE:KH5 / CSC:KG7 (XEF)"
Why this message appear and why i can't update through kies?
what are the alternative programs can I use it?
================

all versions or any update (united states,United Kingdom, United Arab emirates) supporting Arabic (read & write) or must be an Arabic version " i need English interface and all thing is in English but reading and writing Arabic".
what is the difference between firmware update( KSA, KSA (JED), Egypt, and UAE).

Is product Code important for update firmware?
and if it is that's meaning that i can't download any firmware expect France firmware

What is Stock ROM for my phone and how can i know it and where can i download it?

Is that important to install kernel beside firmware update and what is its benefit? how can i choose a appropriate one to my phone?

is there problem to install this rom in my phone (for example)

Egypt EGY I9100GJPLC1/I9100GOJPLC1/I9100GXXKL4/I9100GJPLC1
----------------------------------------------------- WHAT THES CODES REFER TO?????
Version: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread

or any on of other firmware without looking at my current firmware (france as i mentioned up)

===============================
Very sorry for Elongation
I hope a complete answer to my questions
Thanks again

greenman
05-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Why don't you look at the Wanam Roms.
This one is the most recent: http://wanamlite.com/2012/05/25/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%85-wanamlite-ics-v11-7-xwlpd/

Oops!! forget that, you have a I9100G so no updates to ICS yet.

EDIT: Yes you can install the Egypt Rom you mention.

This link shows you how and has the link for the Odin download.

mohammedkhairy
05-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Why don't you look at the Wanam Roms.
This one is the most recent: http://wanamlite.com/2012/05/25/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%85-wanamlite-ics-v11-7-xwlpd/

Oops!! forget that, you have a I9100G so no updates to ICS yet.

EDIT: Yes you can install the Egypt Rom you mention.

This link shows you how and has the link for the Odin download.

Thanks a lot how can i know the suitable firmware to my phone?
how can be sure that is suitable for my phone?
where can i download the latest and official updates ?
how can i avoid dead case?
i must root my device and update kerenel to change rom?
my current rom is french no danger from installing any rom?
steps of installing firmware (after and bfore) in detail please?

What these numbers mean
Egypt EGY – I9100GJPLC1/I9100GOJPLC1/I9100GXXKL4/I9100GJPLC1
----------------------------------------------------- WHAT THES CODES REFER TO?????
Version: Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread

how can i avoid breaking my warranty?
how can i get or download my stockrom?

why this message appear and the solution

greenman
05-28-2012, 09:55 PM
You can install any I9100G firmware to your phone, but you want one that supports Arabic script and right to left scrolling.
If you go to the sammobile.com site and select:
Smartphone > Android > I9100G
You will then get the region choices.
Choose your region then look for firmware from the country of your choice.

If you want to stay with the firmware region you already have, then under the CSC heading look for I9100G XEFxxx
At the moment the xxx on your phone is KG7, so you are looking for a newer version.

But it is not important to stay with XEF (this is for France so may not be the best language choice for you)

The Firmware for Egypt that you found would work perfectly well and not affect your warranty.

mohammedkhairy
05-28-2012, 10:11 PM
You can install any I9100G firmware to your phone, but you want one that supports Arabic script and right to left scrolling.
If you go to the sammobile.com site and select:
Smartphone > Android > I9100G
You will then get the region choices.
Choose your region then look for firmware from the country of your choice.

If you want to stay with the firmware region you already have, then under the CSC heading look for I9100G XEFxxx
At the moment the xxx on your phone is KG7, so you are looking for a newer version.

But it is not important to stay with XEF (this is for France so may not be the best language choice for you)

The Firmware for Egypt that you found would work perfectly well and not affect your warranty.

sorry i can't understand the bold red text, can i install egypt firmware or saudi arabia firmware safely or only france firmware?

how can i get or download my stockrom?

why this message appear and the solution

i must root my device and update kerenel to change rom?
my current rom is french no danger from installing any rom?
steps of installing firmware (after and bfore) in detail please?

greenman
05-28-2012, 10:30 PM
You can install the Egypt or Saudi firmware.
1. Connect to Kies and install drivers.
2. Download firmware from Sammobile, and unzip to get a tar file
3. Install Odin
4. Put tar file into PDA (do not touch any other boxes)
5. Put phone into USB debugging mode.
6. Turn off phone and put into download mode.
7. Connect to computer and make sure box in Odin turns yellow.
8. Start

greenman
05-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Odin installation video :
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/how-to-install-ice-cream-sandwich-on-your-samsung-galaxy-s2-50006766/

Go here for your firmware :
http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&t=1&o=1&m=GT-I9100&r=1#regiona

mohammedkhairy
05-28-2012, 10:51 PM
You can install the Egypt or Saudi firmware.
1. Connect to Kies and install drivers.
2. Download firmware from Sammobile, and unzip to get a tar file
3. Install Odin
4. Put tar file into PDA (do not touch any other boxes)
5. Put phone into USB debugging mode.
6. Turn off phone and put into download mode.
7. Connect to computer and make sure box in Odin turns yellow.
8. Start

thanks again but what do you mean by install drivers what drivers and where can i get it and how can i install it

the file i download its extension .tar.md5
the file i download is
I9100GJPLC1 2.3.6 2012 April I9100GOJPLC1 Saudi Arabia Download Unlock
is that for S2G

mohammedkhairy
05-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Up please these questions are very important

RichH
05-29-2012, 08:27 AM
When you install Kies on your PC, the first time you connect your phone the drivers will be installed automatically. You need these drivers so that Odin will recognise your phone.
Yes, the file you have is OK for S2. Just put the .tar.md5 file into PDA section of Odin, wait for yellow box and press start.

greenman
05-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Can understand how nervous you feel if you have not used Odin before.
The 'drivers' are what your computer needs to recognise your phone.
Install Kies on your computer and then connect your phone via USB to install drivers.
You can also install them from a link I will find for you.

Once you have the drivers, following my previous message.
It is a good idea to watch the video on cnet first.

Kies drivers here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2o95kbl3jum79a6

mohammedkhairy
05-29-2012, 01:44 PM
is this firmware supporting arabic THIS FROM SAMMOBLIE FOR S2G
PDA : I9100GXXLPQ
ANDROID : 4.0.3
DATE : 2012 May
CSC : I9100GODDLP7

greenman
05-29-2012, 03:54 PM
You can install that if you want to.
It is for the I9100G and it is ICS.
Not sure if it will have the Arabic language and right to left scrolling you were wanting.
But give it a try as you can change to another firmware.

NOTE: When going from Gingerbread to ICS and back, make sure you factory reset and Clear cache.
This is best done before and after Odin.

mohammedkhairy
05-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Not sure if it will have the Arabic language and right to left scrolling you were wanting.

NOTE: When going from Gingerbread to ICS and back, make sure you factory reset and Clear cache.

Indian firmware support Arabic but the ram of phone became 700 MB. why?

RichH
05-30-2012, 08:44 AM
the ram of phone became 700 MB. why?

When you flash the FW the system repartitions to a suitable size for the firmware you are flashing.

mohammedkhairy
05-30-2012, 09:25 AM
When you flash the FW the system repartitions to a suitable size for the firmware you are flashing.

I don't understand is this good or not
I'm Ginger bread and my ram now is .97 GB

RichH
05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
It is all good. All it means is that your system partition is now bigger so the overall space for apps is smaller. You still have 12gb ? of internal sd storage and you can put your own sd card in external storage.
For comparison my ROM is 500mb and RAM 1.2gb

greenman
05-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Android phones are very good at managing how much memory is required to carry out a task.
Wanam's rom's are smaller or 'lite' compared to the stock rom as he removes some applications that many people do not use. The Rom therefore needs less memory, and so less memory is allocated by the phone to the system partition where the rom is stored.
This is good as it makes more memory available for other tasks.
So, don't worry as your phone will take care if its own memory needs.

mohammedkhairy
05-30-2012, 11:12 AM
It is all good. All it means is that your system partition is now bigger so the overall space for apps is smaller. You still have 12gb ? of internal sd storage and you can put your own sd card in external storage.
For comparison my ROM is 500mb and RAM 1.2gb

Android phones are very good at managing how much memory is required to carry out a task.
Wanam's rom's are smaller or 'lite' compared to the stock rom as he removes some applications that many people do not use. The Rom therefore needs less memory, and so less memory is allocated by the phone to the system partition where the rom is stored.
This is good as it makes more memory available for other tasks.
So, don't worry as your phone will take care if its own memory needs.

thanks a lot I installed a ginger bread 2.3.6 Saudi Arabia firmware with your way and it succeeded so thank you
Is there are things I must do after installing rom?

I'll install ICS France or India or Malaysia or Vitamin on the second phone S2G and as you said no problem from decreasing ram space and that's mean and that's I understand the device will not be slow or work less efficiency than now . Is that right??

greenman
05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Right.
Enjoy your S2 :)

mohammedkhairy
05-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Thank you, How can I make factory reset and clear cache and does it delete all phone contents
there is another question I read when i finish install firmware (what ever firmware) i put this code *#06*IMEI# and choose something from a list What is this and is it necessary ????

Another question make me worry about?
I have 2 phones S2G one of them written on its back (Made in Korie by samsung) and the other is (Fabricate en China per samsung) in French with the same price. does i cheated by the seller and does the Chinese telephone is bad?

greenman
05-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Thank you, How can I make factory reset and clear cache and does it delete all phone contents
there is another question I read when i finish install firmware (what ever firmware) i put this code *#06*IMEI# and choose something from a list What is this and is it necessary ????

Another question make me worry about?
I have 2 phones S2G one of them written on its back (Made in Korie by samsung) and the other is (Fabricate en China per samsung) in French with the same price. does i cheated by the seller and does the Chinese telephone is bad?

Factory reset and clear cache will delete your apps, settings, sms and your contacts, so you need to back up.
This can be done via Kies (Kies air if you find connecting to Kies via USB difficult)
Or, with Contacts, it is better to save them in your Gmail account and then simply sync back to your phone (this will be done automatically)

It is useful to root your phone for more backup options: See this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h0HEgOlCak

The code you mention is not necessary, especially if you do not intend to update your phone using Kies.
What it does is to set your sales code to the geographic location you are in.

Regarding your S2 made in China ..... I was not aware that Samsung gave licences to China, but that wouldn't stop them from copying the process.
Does the 'made in China' phone have the same specification?
You could install an app like quadrant standard ' to check the specification and performance:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standar d&hl=en

mohammedkhairy
05-30-2012, 02:28 PM
Factory reset and clear cache will delete your apps, settings, sms and your contacts, so you need to back up.
This can be done via Kies (Kies air if you find connecting to Kies via USB difficult)
Or, with Contacts, it is better to save them in your Gmail account and then simply sync back to your phone (this will be done automatically)

It is useful to root your phone for more backup options: See this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h0HEgOlCak

The code you mention is not necessary, especially if you do not intend to update your phone using Kies.
What it does is to set your sales code to the geographic location you are in.

Regarding your S2 made in China ..... I was not aware that Samsung gave licences to China, but that wouldn't stop them from copying the process.
Does the 'made in China' phone have the same specification?
You could install an app like quadrant standard ' to check the specification and performance:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aurorasoftworks.quadrant.ui.standar d&hl=en

it gave approximately results but in china device it give 1 core in processor???????!!!!!!!!!
and when i increase brightness it shows 2 cores

greenman
05-30-2012, 02:37 PM
it gave approximately results but in china device it give 1 core in processor???????!!!!!!!!!
Quadrant standard changes its mind on my S2.
Under CPU it shows as Cores: 2, but sometimes Cores: 1

If other spec's are the same, then the phone is genuine (or a good copy!!)

mohammedkhairy
05-30-2012, 07:08 PM
I now install ICS french edition it reading arabic but not writing is there is an arabic keyboard can be installed?
Do i reset my phone again as you said before or not

i can't see ICS popular theme and loack screen which looked here in this site what is solution
http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/

greenman
05-30-2012, 07:31 PM
If you installed French ICS over Gingerbread then factory reset and Clear cache.
For your Arabic keyboard did you check on Settings >Language and input for an Arabic keyboard? If not, ask on Wanam's site as there may be a download file.

If you are looking for the camera shortcut on the lock screen, it did not make it to the final ICS release, although was on some pre release ICS versions.

mohammedkhairy
05-30-2012, 11:52 PM
thank you Greenman i will handle with english language?
There is a small problem :
Phone read Arabic but big size is there is way to minimize Arabic words only as englosh words is very good

greenman
05-31-2012, 01:31 AM
To change font size, press Menu in the application then Settings then Accessibility.

mohammedkhairy
05-31-2012, 10:24 AM
To change font size, press Menu in the application then Settings then Accessibility.
I can't find it when i choose Accessibility its only show talk back,the power key ends call, auto rotate screen,speak passwords,tap and hold delay, and install web scripts
What should i choose?

greenman
05-31-2012, 10:44 AM
You have to be in the application - so if in Gmail for example. Press Menu then Settings > General settings and you will find text size.
Other applications may have a similar setting.

mohammedkhairy
06-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Is there are any news that samsung will release an official Arabic update for S2G soon???

mohammedkhairy
06-11-2012, 10:51 PM
If I make root to my device phone warranty is lost?
can i back my warranty again by unroot the phone?
what is difference between permanent root and temporary root?
what is the appropriate root for my phone?
what is the steps of root and unroot phone?

RichH
06-12-2012, 07:04 AM
If I make root to my device phone warranty is lost?
can i back my warranty again by unroot the phone?
what is difference between permanent root and temporary root?
what is the appropriate root for my phone?
what is the steps of root and unroot phone?
All answered here..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1501719