problem with incoming call [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: problem with incoming call

stranger
05-15-2012, 09:06 PM
hi there. its my first post and obviously i have problem with my sgs2. Didnt do any updates or anything yet still have gingerbread. Yesterday everything was fine but today my husband tried to ring me but my phone wouldn't ring etc. when he came back he rang me again and his phone ( samsung note ) was ringing but there was no incoming call on my phone and no missed call message. i tried to ring myself from home phone and everything was fine so then I thought it may be problem with network ( 02) but i asked my friend with 02 to ring me and the call came through...i have checked if i blocked my husband's number but its not blocked and now wondering whats wrong? text messages coming through as normall its just calls are not connecting :(
the only messaege i keep receiving when he rings is "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
Please help.
Thank you

RichH
05-15-2012, 09:24 PM
First of all I would take out battery and sim card for a few minutes (5 - 10 mins) then power up and try again. Are you certain you haven't blocked the number, it's very easy to do by mistake, just go into the contact and check the very bottom of the list. If this fails you'll have to try a factory reset but try other options first...

greenman
05-15-2012, 09:26 PM
I've had that message and found it was related to your sim card.
You'll find that if you remove the sim the message doesn't appear.
Have you tried a soft reset?
Turn off phone and remove battery while you have a cup of coffee.
Check your sim carrier to make sure it's clean.
Reinsert battery and sim and restart.

If that doesn't work, check your APN settings.
Go to Settings > Wireless and network > Mobile networks > Access Point Names and make sure your O2 package is correct and has a green dot next to it.

Failing all that it's a factory reset, but while you're at it why not upgrade to ICS.

stranger
05-15-2012, 09:55 PM
took battery and sim card out and nothing :( still the same. checked APN settings and its on mobile02 so its correct. now greenman you telling me to upgrade to ICS and I know what it is :) hihih but do not know how to do it.... I tried to read all post but can not understand half of them ( its all new to me all the softwares etc... ) could you guide me step after step please? i would be very greatfull. thanks

greenman
05-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Have you tried to connect to Kies?
If not, the first thing to do is install Kies on your computer.
Open up the Kies programme and connect your S2 with its USB lead.
First thing to happen is that your computer will recognise a connection and download the USB drivers.

It's very important that you let this process complete, and it takes a few minutes.
After that Kies should (but often doesn't) recognise that you have connected your phone and will indicate any updates available.
The update MAY be ICS but as it sounds like you haven't updated at all, there may be an earlier one on the system.

I'll try and find a more detailed guide for you.
But not tonight. :)

greenman
05-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Had another thought before you embark upon an update.
Try removing hubby's contact details from your phone and get him to call you again
Then save his details once more.

stranger
05-16-2012, 08:08 PM
did whatyou thought and helped :) thank you
do you think is worth to update my phone? Im just worried that more problems will occure....
Thank you once more for all your help

greenman
05-16-2012, 11:02 PM
do you think is worth to update my phone? Im just worried that more problems will occure....
Thank you once more for all your help
To be honest, I wouldn't update if you are happy with your phone as it is.

RichH
05-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Whilst I fully agree we the sentiments from greenman, I would issue a word of caution. Kies will not skip updates. Many people have reported the inability to update to 4.0.3 via kies because they did not update from 2.3.3. (2.3.4 came inbetween). So, you may be happy now, but any future updates might offer something you really want and you may not be able to update then without flashing your phone manually or taking it to a service centre.
There is a guide on this forum on updating to ICS which you can read through should you wish to update. It shouldn't cause you any problems as long as you follow the Kies instructions, and worse case, we are here to help.....
http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/showthread.php/8531-ICS-Upgrade-The-secret-to-success.....!

stranger
05-17-2012, 11:55 AM
hi. thank you for your help :)
i did what its says on the link but....another problem - when i click upgrade its downloading all the needed things but when i press start it says not enough disk space? and dont know what to do ? i'm i wiped data, cache and reboot phone as the phone is the same from when i bought it.
I'm sorry if you are tired of helping me :) but i knew im gonna strugle but want to upgrade co ICS. thank you

greenman
05-17-2012, 12:00 PM
Not tired of helping, but surprised at what you have reported.
Take it you're on Kies and it says you have an update?
The existing firmware should just be reflashed with the ICS - it should not be a matter of needing more space.
Try again.

If still a problem there are other ways of getting ICS on your phone, but to give best advice we need to know your existing firmware.

In your phone dialer put in this:
*#1234#

You will be shown 3 entries, can you tell us what they are?
PDA:
PHONE:
CSC:

RichH
05-17-2012, 12:11 PM
As Kies first downloads the firmware to the hard drive on your PC it is maybe suggesting you don't have enough disc space on there? It is a file size of around 235mB (compressed), so will need at least 3 times that amount of space to unzip files and install....

greenman
05-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Note to oneself ................... must try Kies!!!!!!

Naaaa!! LOL

RichH
05-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Note to oneself ................... must try Kies!!!!!!

Naaaa!! LOL

:) :) :) :)

iamamaresh
05-22-2012, 02:21 AM
Hey i am unable to receive call when connected to internet in a 2g network

greenman
05-22-2012, 06:35 AM
If you have a signal, try taking out the sim and battery.
Have a cup of coffee, and while waiting check sim holder is clean.
Replace sim and battery and reboot.
This will re-establish a cleaner network link.

neeravjohri
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi... I am facing the same proplem with my S2... Its a random phenomenon... Sometimes a person is able to call me and sometimes when he calls I get no ring.... this has been complained to me by many people who call me... If anyone has got this problem solved , please share the solution...

jonny5x
07-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Samsung Note 2 incoming call problem: solved! :D

I ended up noticing that when my phone displayed LTE, it would not accept a call, but when it says H+, it would. Also, when I called out, LTE would change into H+, and THEN it would connect. So, the solution? Change the network settings from Auto to WCDMA only. I haven't had a problem since. It appears that the technology behind switching the two networks inside the phone needs some tweaking...

Enjoy! The Note 2 is a fantastic device, it is my primary business computer, and except for this problem, my experience has been exemplary.