Weirdest issue ever - Clock doesn't keep up! [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: Weirdest issue ever - Clock doesn't keep up!

Highfall
08-03-2010, 11:54 PM
So.... here's a tricky one, and an extremely annoying issue I have.

My Galaxy S just... can't keep track of time!

Automatic network provided values is switched off, and I keep setting it to the right time, but it runs slower then a regular clock! For every 10 minutes, my galaxy S counts 8. So say I set the time to 18:00, after one hour, my galaxy S shows 17:48, and I have to set the right time again.

Please, for the love of God, tell me someone has a fix for this. I'm fine with having SD card lag, or not being able to connect to KIES... or having a write protected SD card when using mass storage mode... or not being unable to root firmware JP3 (yet)... , I want my $700 smartphone to at least show me the right TIME.

JSG10
08-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Are you using an app to show the time on your homescreen? Are you using a task killer? If so, make sure that whatever clock app you use is in the killers ignore list.
Also try going to Menu > Settings > Date & Time and checking Automatic to make sure its using network time and updating correctly.

Highfall
08-04-2010, 12:20 AM
I have advanced task killer with auto task killing turned OFF. The only widgets that show time is a weather widget that shows the phone time, and I never kill that app through task killer.

I crossed off automatic network time and updating, but it's no use. The time is now 02:17, and it shows 02:11... my phone doesn't have access to the internet 24/7 either, so I'd like it to show the time accurately without having network access too.

soraxd
08-04-2010, 07:43 AM
dude I got the same problem with beautiful widget

Highfall
08-04-2010, 11:01 AM
dude I got the same problem with beautiful widget

I'm going to flash back to JG5 until a more stable version of froyo firmware is out. Hopefully that'll do the trick

vmoisa
08-04-2010, 12:20 PM
What clock does not keep up ? The clock in the status bar, or the clock in the widget ?

Sometimes, widgets can do this, if they are not properly made. I do not think you have a problem with the phone or OS.

soraxd
08-04-2010, 03:50 PM
widget clock doesnt keep up with status bar clock