02-16-2012, 10:22 PM
First one today for the Chinese Note, but Chainfire already made a repack for the N7000. Might be worth holding off a day though, as Samfirmware are saying a leak for the N7000 itself will be available from tomorrow.
...and if you do flash please take care, there are already some people who have mistakenly flashed SGSII ROMs to their Note's in their excitement for ICS. Dead Notes are not cool.
02-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Update: ICS is awesome -get on it now folks! In depth thoughts up tomorrow!
02-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Actually, since I'm still up here are some early findings (and up to the minute stuff is always in my Twitter feed):
- In terms of looks the ROM is a bit frankenstein at the moment with a mixture of TW/GB/ICS elements throughout the UI
- Performance in general UI navigation is a big step up from GB ROMs, even custom ROMS, and that is despite this one limiting the CPU clock speed to 1.2Ghz/core (because the i9220 version runs at that)
- Graphics performance upped a lot - 44fps in Nenamark 2 which is basically the same as the Transformer Prime on ICS (in other words, wow)
- Realised how much I missed some aspects of ICS since I went back to the Note on GB as my daily driver a while back, the task switcher is brilliant, as is dismissing individual notifications, the browser is just superb (and the Chrome for Android beta is also incredible, although lacking some nice features of the ICS default browser at the moment like saving web pages for offline reading and inverted rendering in the browser)
- Everything working fine, I had a couple of FC's when accessing 'activities' in ADW Launcher but I think that's because the Settings structure is changed in ICS and so the GB shortcuts point to the wrong place (ie not a stability problem on the ROMs end). I will say it again: this is already easily good enough to be your daily driver
- Inbuilt Google Apps are of course lovely in their ICS incarnations
- Face Unlock present and working in all it's novelty-not-security glory
- Voodoo Louder doesn't work on this since the phone identifies itself to the app as an i9220 rather than N7000 (apparently an N7000 native ICS ROM is leaking tomorrow)
- Too early to be definite but wakelock delay seems drastically reduced, now just fine
- Apps with stuff specifically for ICS work with this build, for example notification player controls for PowerAMP are present (YES!)
02-21-2012, 10:01 AM
I've running this too and I've noticed a few things for me PowerAMP now crashes when selecting libary or folders :( Other than that I can agree that the task switcher is great and the internet browser is a huge step up from the GB builds. Having a set otion to select desktop display mode instead of having to set the user agent myself is great.
The Rom is limited to 1.2Ghz as Techfreak states above but you don't really notice the difference. I can't wait for the official ICS roms as they are going to seriously fly on the Note. The speed of ICS vs GB is very noticeable.
Of course now Photoshop Touch now works since its build for ICS. And the S-Pen is fully supported on Photoshop touch one of the first apps to make full use of Samsung's S-PEN SDK.
02-23-2012, 01:11 AM
Oh, thanks for that Briggs, I didn't know that about Photoshop!
04-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Just got an ICS LPL version from my friend. Everything seems to be working OK so far, the only thing I've noticed that when you try to use share via Picasa feature you don't get album names, far from the deal breaker, but actually something I use :)
If I flashed via Odin with usual PDA, modem and CSC this means my bootloader is intact?