How to connect to 3G? [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: How to connect to 3G?

kazimbr
07-29-2010, 06:01 PM
I think I'm missing something obvious here.

When I turn on WiFi, I can connect to my WiFi network and browse the web just fine, as fast as if I was on my desktop.
However I haven't found a way to connect to the internet using a 3G connection. When I don't have WiFi on and try to use a web application, it complains that there is no network connection. It doesn't even try to connect to the 3G network.
I have a data plan, and it worked fine on my previous phone (a HTC Kaiser); whenever I opened a web app on that phone, it would simply connect to the 3G, but this new phone doesn't even try to connect.

I tried to find a way to manually connect to the 3G network but couldn't find it. Some guides on the internet said to go to Settings>Wireless and network> and "turn on" the Mobile Networks option. But when I click Mobile Networks, the only options I have are: Data roaming, Acess Point Names, Use only 2g Networks and Network operators.

TheLuckys
07-29-2010, 06:10 PM
You need to add an APN with the correct settings for your provider. If you did that, it will automatically connect to a 3G connection, if available, when not on Wi-Fi.
You can find it in Settings -> Wireless and network -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names.

kazimbr
07-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Thanks, that was the problem!
I couldn't find the settings for my carrier, so I ended up downloading an app that configures it automatically

szybki
08-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks, that was the problem!
I couldn't find the settings for my carrier, so I ended up downloading an app that configures it automatically

how is this app called ? i have the same problem so i would be greatful if you would share the name wit us

kazimbr
08-16-2010, 11:10 PM
It's called APN Brasil, and I think it only has settings for brazilian carriers, sorry :(
I know there are similar apps for other countries though..