Google sync contacts [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: Google sync contacts

edkin03
05-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Am i missing something (highly likely) but if i sync my contacts to google shouldnt i be able to view them when i log into google from a pc or laptop, i only see one when i go into the dashboard. i have sync them many times so not sure what else i need to do.

any help ?

thanks all

Richardj
05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Yes you should be able to. It may be that the google servers are having problems. I had the same problem when I first did mine and the only thing I could do was to log in on line and add them manually. From them on when ever I enter a new contact on my phone it sync's it automatically. Just a thought, have you got auto sync switched on and background data.

edkin03
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Could it be you have to use G mail and allow Google to know yr location, i've just tried again background data allowed sync all still only shows one contact !
Any ideas ?

Richardj
05-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Could it be you have to use G mail and allow Google to know yr location, i've just tried again background data allowed sync all still only shows one contact !
Any ideas ?

I have Gmail set up, so it would be worth a try. I have location turned off so don't think that makes any difference. You could also try setting up a new google account from your phone and see if that works.

Tufftoad
05-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Are you able to export your contacts as a .VCF and import the contacts to google that way?

I have shared location and a gmail account but the sharing location thing wouldn't matter.

Goots
05-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I found that I had to import them manually once using the Export function of the phone, and the Import function of your gmail address book.

After that, they now stay perfectly synced whether I add, delete or edit on the phone or within my gmail online account.

edkin03
05-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Are you able to export your contacts as a .VCF and import the contacts to google that way?

I have shared location and a gmail account but the sharing location thing wouldn't matter.

Thanks Tuftoad i think thats cracked it