[SGS II] Safe to remove applications list [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: [SGS II] Safe to remove applications list

Briggs
05-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Ok here is my list of safe to remove applications that gave me no errors. This may help improve battery life and phone speed. Of course don't remove applications that you need or want in the future. For example Kies Air or voice commands if you use them. Its logical, but some people are just plain silly :)

Disclaimer: SGS Forums take no responsibly of you end up with a broken firmware and error screens etc. Reboot your SGS2 after removing many apps. If it still crashes reflash the firmware via Odin3

I used titanium back up to remove or freeze the apps or you can root explorer.

All share
Analog clock
Android live wallpapers
Ap Mobile
Bookstore
Buddies now
chocoEUKor
com.orange.authentication.simcard.permission
com.sec.android.app.lcdtest
com.sec.android.app.screencapture
com.sec.android.widgetapp.weatherclock
DataCreate
Days 1.0
Digital clock
Dlna
Dual clock
Email 1.0
Email widget
EncryptApp
EncryptApp
Error
Factory test
Factory Test
FTC
FTM
FTS
Gallery 3d
Game HubHome screen tipsKobo
Genie
Gmail
Google feedback (May cause issues with Market??)
Google Partner Setup
Hel Neue
Image Editor
IMEITracker (is this the samsung tracking app?)
Installflash
Kies air
Kies via Wifi
Kobo
Let's try panning
Live wallpapers
LogsProvider
Maps
Memo
Microbes
Mini Diary
Mini paper
Minidiary
Mobile printMusic Hub
Mobileprint
MobileTracker
Mtp app (For kies)
Musiccodp
News and Weather
Ocean weather 1.0
PCWDevice
PhoneUtil
Polaris
Polaris office
PopupuiReceiver
Post It
Preconfig
PressReader
Pressreader
Program Monitor
Readers Hub
Samsung account
Samsung widgets
Samsungs apps
Secretwalls
Self Test Mode
Serial Number Read/Write
Service mode
Setup Wizard
Setup wizard
Share App
Shareapp
SNS 1.5
Sns disclaimer
SNS image cache
Sns Twitter
SnsAccountFB
SNSAccountMs
SNSAccountTw
Social hub
Social Hub 2.xxx
Social Hub 7.52xxx
Soundplayer (Buggy)
Speech recorder
STK
Street
Suggests
Swype
SyncmIDS
Talk
Task 1.0Trim App
Tasks
Touchwiz
Trim app
TW apps (wallpapers etc)
TwWallpaper chooser
Video editor
Video makerYahoo Finance
Voice recorder
Voice search
Voice to go
Wi-Fi sharing (only needed for hotspot?)
wipeoutreceiver
wlantest
wssyncmlnps
Youtube
Zinio Reader

llBlackenedll
05-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Don't hold me to this but I believe the latest firmware update will restore any of your uninstalled samsung stuff, so all is not lost necessarily if you want something back.

Also, thanks!

It would be interesting to know which of the apps you removed was mainly responsible for your performance increase. Having said that I want a lot of those apps still on there and don't want to remove ones where I'm not sure what they are. I have just managed to get 3617 mind, though it seems the score goes up every time you run the benchmark within a session.

EDIT: Just got 3774 after freezing Wifi 1.0 as well as already having Wifi Sharing and Wifi Sharing Manager frozen. Maybe you could highlight the ones that seem to have the most effect or something? Then again could just be coincidence..

Briggs
05-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Well I know my battery life has defiantly improved! 15+ hours and 80% left. Some calls, text and internet. Wifi was on and connected too for about 8 hours. (Sync off)

mark22
05-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Nice list, will have to see what it does to battery life although I'd already frozen quite a few here. I too would like to know what IMEI tracker is, sounds iffy.

Briggs
05-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Nice list, will have to see what it does to battery life although I'd already frozen quite a few here. I too would like to know what IMEI tracker is, sounds iffy.

Its to do with that remote track and disable. If you phone is stolen you can disable it. Some Samsung thing i think, never used it!

soraxd
05-13-2011, 09:05 PM
i added this to my battery life thread

Briggs
05-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Thanks, I've just updated this list again and uninstall more from the KE2 update i just flashed. I had a pop up error but after a reboot it went away!

rhysthomas89
05-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks Briggs! I'm new to Android but immediately hated the bloat on the stock phone - your guide has been extremely useful in preventing me bricking me new toy.

DSA
05-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks for this, very handy

(may also come in handy for rom cooking if you already know whats safe to remove..)

Briggs
05-19-2011, 10:27 AM
Also if you do get some error pop ups reboot and finger crossed it will go away. Happened to me. But luckily on reboot it was ok.

Hunterish
05-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi, after I deleted PCWDevice I''m getting an error. "The android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Zakir.Umar
05-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi, after I deleted PCWDevice I''m getting an error. "The android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

If you reflash the Kernal, it'll probably come back. When i reflashed, the stuff i uninstalled came back.

Jejoma
05-24-2011, 05:44 PM
A sort of connected query - I've just rooted my S2 and when I turn it on I get a yellow warning triangle on the start-up screen. Does that just mean it's rooted?

Zakir.Umar
05-25-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure if there is a proper way of checking if you're rooted, but i just go into Titanium Backup and if it lets me access then i know it's done. But ironically the yellow triangle is a good sign if it's whether your device is rooted or not you want to find out.

To get rid of the yellow triangle, reflash the stock kernal which you have just flashed. The stock kernel can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

dwgalaxys
05-26-2011, 10:38 AM
brilliant post Briggsy - note it is in s2 forum, also safe for s1? I use Titanium also, great app, and wondered if you UNINSTALLED or just FROZE - would it be too much of a pain to put 'U' or 'F' after each app listing???!!! MEanwhile on Darky 10.1 after Ficeto deodexed JVH am getting great battery, 2 days, and great speed so may not need to do much more tweaking (but rolled back to JVK modem)

Jejoma
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
To get rid of the yellow triangle, reflash the stock kernal which you have just flashed. The stock kernel can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

Sorry to sound thick but how do I know which stock kernal to use?

Ignore the above question. I worked it in the end - I hope!

Many thanks Zakir.Umar, the triangle is now gone.

Zakir.Umar
05-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Sorry to sound thick but how do I know which stock kernal to use?

Ignore the above question. I worked it in the end - I hope!

Many thanks Zakir.Umar, the triangle is now gone.

No probs :) Hope your enjoying the phone!

theSC00BZ
06-15-2011, 09:26 AM
All worked for me so far except: LogsProvider

This kept causing "com.android.phone" and "android.process.acore" stopped working errors after trying to make a call or use contacts. I figured this process was creating the call log list so I installed it again. Now it works without a problem.

Had the same error, but after reboot it was gone (with PCWDevice still uninstalled)

katormes
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Hi,
I unfortunately managed to uninstall BaadgeProvider with the help of Titanium. It can't be uninstalled via Titanium, and neither can I install it via some AppInstaller after I have found the BadgeProvider.apk on the net. What does it do, what can't I do without it and how do I get it back again?

By the way, thanks for the list, where I missed BadgeProvider!

bubblehead
07-02-2011, 07:21 AM
Hello i have frozen all the apps in Briggs list, so will see how i get on with battery life now. after 34hrs only down to 71% mod useage. :-)

Galaxy s2
07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Hello i have frozen all the apps in Briggs list, so will see how i get on with battery life now. after 34hrs only down to 71% mod useage. :-)

That's excellent my friend, sounds like it might be better to freeze rather than un-install them as some users who un-installed have had probs.
Its now the 4th and you posted this on the 2nd any probs to report OR is everything still good :)
kev.

Ves
07-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I have been doing the same. Freezing those that I won't be using or haven't figured out if I will yet.

mark22
07-05-2011, 07:57 AM
You might not want to freeze all of them, I found that Self Test Mode stopped me being able to use the secret codes and LogsProvider stopped my recent call list from working.

Milan1
07-25-2011, 04:09 PM
I disabled the vast majority of items in the list - I am a newbie so I'm just wondering can disabling any of those affect the performance of the phone in general and when playing games?

Cheers

mark22
07-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Mostly it will make the phone faster and I don't think you'll miss anything. Most of it is useless bloat but you can always unfreeze it if you need it.

kristin3l
07-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Hello all!

I'm new here :). Today i rooted my new Galaxy S II and this is the list with the apps that i frozed with Titanium Backup Pro

Allshare
Android live wallpapers
Ap Mobile
com.sec.android.app.lcdtest
datacreate
days
drm content
drm content launcher
dual clock
email
email 3.0
Encryptapp
error
factory test
game hub
gmail
google partner set up
home screen tips
im
kobo
let's try panning
maps
microbes
mini diary
mobile print
music hub
new & weather
pcwdevice
phoneutil
popupuireceiver
preconfig
pressReader
samsung account
self test mode
serial number read/write
setup wizard
share app
sns
sns disclaimer
sns account
snsaccount
snsacountms
snsaccounttw
snsimageCache
social hub x2
speech reader
syncmids
talk
trimapp
video maker
voice command
voice recorder
voice search
wi-fi sharing
wi-fi sharing manager
wipeoutreceiver
wlantest
wssyncmlnps
yahoo finance
zinio reader

The only one that gaved me a headache was the wssyncmlnps... Because after i frozed that app the Samsung Kies v2 software didn't found my phone anymore. After i defrost it and rebooted the phone everything was ok

Thanks a lot Briggs for this thread ;)

mark22
07-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Thats nice but once you reach advanced android master level 2 noone cares abot kies. Seriously..

kristin3l
07-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah i know, i didn't use it anyway, only the kies via wi-fi for accessing my pics and others :P

petrashfs
08-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Hi, just friezed some apps from the list and now have black screen and nothing else. phone powers on and stuck on the galaxy logo, can hear the skype singing in but nothing else... any help ????

mark22
08-04-2011, 08:43 AM
You probably need to flash a new firmware using odin and then be a bit more careful next time.

petrashfs
08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Hi, do you mind giving me a guide what exactly do i need to do cause i am kinda new at this stuff... anything would be helpful t.y.

mark22
08-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Have a look here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278), it should tell you everything, I'd go for kg5 as that's the latest european stock firmware.

petrashfs
08-04-2011, 10:21 PM
thank you very much!!! you saved my 1week old phone.

mark22
08-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Your welcome, you'll soon get the hang of it and be flashing every other day (or that could just be me?)

LloydB
08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
After a months holiday in Thailand finally got back and got litening 5 on from 1.5, splashed out on donate version of TB :) and froze majority in list, few more tweaks and hoping this will improve battery life as mine has been pretty piss poor, but then I dont mind charging as always pretty near to a socket, will try and get my panaroma shot uploaded from beach in the next few weeks, loving this forum and all the help and solutions on here, tho my misses always moaning that Im on my phone reading this site (she wants an Iphone)!!

shuk
08-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Hi Bribbs,
I am planning to buy SGS2very soon.
I have doubt, you have listed out so many apps but really are we getting these many apps in SGS2.

Kindly reply.

kud125
09-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Quick question (sorry to bump an old thread), but i uninstalled some of these apps you listed as safe to uninstall when i first rooted, without backing them up with titanium (silly me).
Anyway, i know 2.3.4 is going to be released officially soon, and would be upgrading to that, but just wondered if me uninstalling any of these apps would cause me to have any problems or cause damage to my phone when i do upgrade, thanks.
Or if/when i do upgrade, should i reflash the whole firmware using odin to unroot, and then upgrade?

Doomed
09-13-2011, 12:56 AM
but i uninstalled some of these apps you listed as safe to uninstall when i first rooted, without backing them up with titanium (silly me).

Titanium backup doesn't backup system apps anyway, you need to manually copy them:)

just wondered if me uninstalling any of these apps would cause me to have any problems or cause damage to my phone when i do upgrade, thanks.

Nope, as they are on the ROM which you'll be flashing over:) Just means you'll need to re-uninstall those apps again:)

when i do upgrade, should i reflash the whole firmware using odin to unroot, and then upgrade?

Flashing will un-Root your device anyway and you mite as well use odin to update, unless you like the providers firmware and have their own apps which you mite want.

kud125
09-13-2011, 06:28 AM
So i can just update using kies straight away when it is officially released? I'd like to stick as close to stock as possible, at least for now anyway.

Doomed
09-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Maybe, I've never use kies to update.

LloydB
09-13-2011, 06:51 PM
scrub this post need to search more

johnhallkenney
09-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi there
I have a rooted s2 running Darky Rom2 and Super core 1.7
Is there a list of apps to actually KEEP
I think it would be easier to run a freeze batch in Titanium Pro . Then select ALL, then just unselect the ones to keep.
Cheers

YeTi RaCiNg
10-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Lesson to all, learn to read the whole thread before attempting ANYTHING!

I took the list from this thread, opened Titanium and preceded to delete instead of freezing, now I am getting the android.process.acore error message constantly!

I've tried restoring, re-flashing to XWKI4 and will next try KIES.........

Is there something else I can do :(

Tufftoad
10-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Lesson to all, learn to read the whole thread before attempting ANYTHING!

I took the list from this thread, opened Titanium and preceded to delete instead of freezing, now I am getting the android.process.acore error message constantly!

I've tried restoring, re-flashing to XWKI4 and will next try KIES.........

Is there something else I can do :(

If you've deleted a load of apps from the system folder then the easiest thing you could do is flash the firmware again.

edit: A factory reset may may work, worth trying before flashing firmware manually.

YeTi RaCiNg
10-12-2011, 11:29 AM
KIES hasnt worked, re-flashed to an older .rar file, still doing it.

Do I have to do a factory restore?

YeTi RaCiNg
10-12-2011, 11:30 AM
KIES hasnt worked, re-flashed to an older .rar file, still doing it.

Do I have to do a factory restore?

YeTi RaCiNg
10-12-2011, 11:35 AM
edit: A factory reset may may work, worth trying before flashing firmware manually.

Thanks, will do! Where do I find details on flashing the firmware manually?

Tufftoad
10-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Main source would Samfirmware.com, sign up, click firmware > android > your device. It should bring up a page with guides and a list of firmwares for each region (europe, US etc).

If you also go to the Android Development (http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/forumdisplay.php/53-Galaxy-SII-Android-Development) section of this forum you will find threads with guides on, maybe some stickied posts.

YeTi RaCiNg
10-12-2011, 12:05 PM
The factory reset hasnt work unfortunately....... Best break out the spare mobile

YeTi RaCiNg
10-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Samfirmware saves the day Tufftoad! Legend, thanks for helping...

LESSON LEARNED!

Tufftoad
10-12-2011, 12:39 PM
No problem YeTi.

Leijonasisu
10-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey is it ok if I disable these apps:

Google Calendar Sync (I don't use Google calendars but do I need this running)?
Google Contacts Sync (What is this used for? I don't sync any of my contacts from any accounts)

Also freezing PCWDevice caused my phone to continuously display: "Sorry PCWDevice has closed unexpectedly do you wish to force close?" message.
I couldn't even shut my phone down unless I quickly pushed the 'force close' buttons and held my power button at the same time. I would say definitely do NOT disable this.
I also then started getting this error on startup:

"Sorry! The application Messages (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close."

Defrosting the app fixed the problem. For those of you who can't find it afterwards the tag '.com' comes in front of it. So:
"com.pcwdevice.andriod.app"

I would strongly suggest to NOT disable these apps:

Factory Test
PhoneUtil
Samsung account --> Important for mobile tracking services (if you use them in case you lose your phone). Disabling also causes an FC in settings.
SyncmIDS --> Disabling causes an error on every startup and a FC (force close) of your SMS messages explorer.
wssyncmlnps --> Important for the use of SMS

All in all this thread is ok, the OP has some good ideas of things to disable. Whether or not you will see a battery increase is beyond me. Many of those apps I wouldn't disable myself, that's a really barebones guide for apps you can disable. Also I don't think it's safe considering that disabling at least 2 of those .apk's resulted in mass errors on my phone until I defrosted them.

Better safe than sorry guys!

sgs_usr
10-17-2011, 02:35 AM
I am now using Go SMS Pro, can I uninstall the stock Messaging app?
Will I still be able to receive and send SMS/MMS/etc using my Go SMS Pro with the stock removed?

LloydB
10-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Hey is it ok if I disable these apps:

Google Calendar Sync (I don't use Google calendars but do I need this running)?
Google Contacts Sync (What is this used for? I don't sync any of my contacts from any accounts)

Also freezing PCWDevice caused my phone to continuously display: "Sorry PCWDevice has closed unexpectedly do you wish to force close?" message.
I couldn't even shut my phone down unless I quickly pushed the 'force close' buttons and held my power button at the same time. I would say definitely do NOT disable this.
I also then started getting this error on startup:

"Sorry! The application Messages (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close."

Defrosting the app fixed the problem. For those of you who can't find it afterwards the tag '.com' comes in front of it. So:
"com.pcwdevice.andriod.app"

I would strongly suggest to NOT disable these apps:

Factory Test
PhoneUtil
Samsung account --> Important for mobile tracking services (if you use them in case you lose your phone). Disabling also causes an FC in settings.
SyncmIDS --> Disabling causes an error on every startup and a FC (force close) of your SMS messages explorer.
wssyncmlnps --> Important for the use of SMS

All in all this thread is ok, the OP has some good ideas of things to disable. Whether or not you will see a battery increase is beyond me. Many of those apps I wouldn't disable myself, that's a really barebones guide for apps you can disable. Also I don't think it's safe considering that disabling at least 2 of those .apk's resulted in mass errors on my phone until I defrosted them.

Better safe than sorry guys!

Strange that you were getting so many FCs & errors as I have all those frosted and have had no problems at all.

TSellers
10-29-2011, 07:04 PM
One of the more annoying apps (unless of course it's a language you use), is the Chinese keyboard. I'm reluctant to remove it unless someone else has done so?

khanhlnq
12-12-2011, 03:30 AM
I uninstalled "Service mode" and now *#9900# returns nothing. I tried to restore "Service mode" using Tintanium Backup but it didn't work either. How can I restore Service mode?

Doomed
12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
You need to find the app of it. Try at xda.

mark22
12-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Failing that reflash your firmware.

Bone03
12-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi, I got my SGII for a few days now and I rooted it, install Titanium Back Up and uninstall some apps, but when I reboot the phone, it is now stock on black screen and nothing else. phone powers on and stuck on the galaxy logo. I already tried to flash the stock firmware using ODIN but its still the same. I'm new to this and i'm not sure how to fix it. I need your help please...

Thanks..

Richardj
12-15-2011, 06:36 PM
If you can get into recovery mode, try doing a wipe data/factory reset.

Bone03
12-15-2011, 06:51 PM
If you can get into recovery mode, try doing a wipe data/factory reset.

Thanks for the quick reply... Can you tell me how to get to the recovery mode? My phone is stock on the Samsung logo.

mark22
12-15-2011, 07:22 PM
hold down volume up+power+menu buttons.

Richardj
12-15-2011, 07:28 PM
To get into recovery mode, power phone OFF and wait for about 60 seconds. Then press and hold the following keys: Volume Up + Home + Power. Release the power key when phone boots the samsung boot screen.

Bone03
12-15-2011, 07:30 PM
hold down volume up+power+menu buttons.

I tried that and I able to restore it to factory settings, but after a few seconds it reboots and it's stock again on Samsung logo.

Richardj
12-15-2011, 07:56 PM
It's beginning to look like you'll have to flash new firmware to the phone using odin.

mark22
12-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Did you successfully flash using odin in download as I'm certain that would fix this. If you didn't know how to get in recovery I think you weren't in download mode to use odin. Read through the guides on the firmware update threads and then just treat it as a firmware update. It will replace any missing Apk's in the process.

Also what exactly did you remove to cause this?

Bone03
12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Okay, I did able to restore it to factory settings and able to reboot the phone, but during the set-up process it gives me two error

1. The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly
2. The application setup wizard process com.android.setupwizard has stopped unexpectedly

And when I click Force Close, the screen just goes black.. The Time, Battery and Signal Bar are showing up on top but the home screen doesn't show up.

I don't remember all the apps that I uninstall but they are all on the safe list.

Any idea? Thanks for all your help...

Doomed
12-16-2011, 12:57 AM
2. The application setup wizard process com.android.setupwizard has stopped unexpectedly

This is your problem. Unless you can push the setupwizard.apk via adb then you'll need to flash new firmware, which is easier anyway:)

So read up how to flash via odin:) Also don't remove the app next time, sometimes it is safe too, sometimes it is not.

Bone03
12-16-2011, 05:07 AM
Thanks all for your help.. I flash new firmware and it's now working fine. I thought I already lost my phone.. :D

I don't want to root my phone again but those apps that came with the firmware eats 7% of my battery... Is there any other way to remove or freeze this apps without rooting the phone?

Richardj
12-16-2011, 10:39 AM
What are the apps you want to freeze/remove?

Bone03
12-16-2011, 03:50 PM
What are the apps you want to freeze/remove?

I want to remove apps like the weather, Yahoo Finance, Agenda, AP Mobile, Buddies Now... Those apps that I will not even use...

Richardj
12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Those apps are embedded into the OS, so removing them may well cause the phone to not function properly.

TSellers
12-16-2011, 06:22 PM
I removed Yahoo Finance yesterday with Titanium backup and no problems, but note my phone is rooted. The one I'm afraid to remove until it's confirmed safe to do so, is the Chinese Keyboard.

Richardj
12-16-2011, 06:50 PM
You would be better of freezing the apps first, then see what happens over the next few days. If any cause you problems you can then un-freeze the app and your then back with a working phone.

TSellers
12-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, you caught me, I've been too cheap to buy the Pro version so I could freeze but that's no excuse. In fact given that I just lectured my S.O. as to why I would not purchase an artificial tree even if it is on sale for $140.00, I can put the money to better use, maybe the guys at Titanium need an artificial tree after all....

Thanks for the suggestion.

Doomed
12-17-2011, 12:15 AM
You need Root to modify any of the system folders:) If it didn't, it'll be just like windows.

Bone03
12-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Hello... Can anybody tell me what does the apps below do on our SGSII? I want to remove this on my phone but I'm not sure what they do what issue I will get after I remove them. Thanks...

CSC 1.0
Data Create 1.0
Google Backup Transport
Google Calendar Sync
Google Partner Setup
IM 1.0
Market Feedback Agent
MTP Application
My Uploads
Package Access Helper
Package Installer
Perso 2.3.5
Phone Util 1.0
Pico TTS 1.0
PopupuiReceiver 1.0
PreConfig 2.3.5
Search Application Provider
Share App 1.0
SNS 1.5
SNS Disclaimer
SNSAccountFb
SnsImageCatche
TaskProvider
Terminal Emulator
Wipeoutreceiver 1.0

mark22
12-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Several of those are quite self explanatory but this (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Ag43oj7rLQP4dENZcmhGN0ZUa3pHSENVeXlqUm5vV0E&single=true&gid=0&output=html) should help you out.

Bone03
12-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks mark22.. That helps out a lot...

catslovelycats
02-20-2012, 11:28 AM
HI. Am finding my new S2 takes nearly a whole day to charge and the battery doesn't last long at all. I need to keep turning phone off.
I've read lots of threads about battery life. I'm wondering 2 things.
a) how do you 'freeze' an app? (Does the phone have to be rooted first?)
b) how do you delete these apps in post 1? my phone won't allow it. Again, does the phone have to be rooted first?
Thanks

Tufftoad
02-20-2012, 01:19 PM
HI. Am finding my new S2 takes nearly a whole day to charge and the battery doesn't last long at all. I need to keep turning phone off.
I've read lots of threads about battery life. I'm wondering 2 things.
a) how do you 'freeze' an app? (Does the phone have to be rooted first?)
b) how do you delete these apps in post 1? my phone won't allow it. Again, does the phone have to be rooted first?
Thanks

1) Your phone needs to be rooted in order to do this, which will void your warranty
2) See point 1

Ideally if you can get a replacement handset that would be best choice. Have you tried updating your phone's system firmware?

Jejoma
02-20-2012, 02:34 PM
HI. Am finding my new S2 takes nearly a whole day to charge and the battery doesn't last long at all. I need to keep turning phone off

That sounds like a faulty battery. It will take longer to charge if you use a USB connection to your PC rather than the mains but not that long. I'd suggest you contact whoever sold you the phone.

mark22
02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
You need root and the an app called titanium backup. If it takes all day to charge something is wrong with it or you are using it at the same time all day. In which case how long do you expect battery to last under constant use. 4 hours would be about right.

masoud
03-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Hey Briggs...

i recently got my Galaxy s2 GT-I9100M about 2 weeks ago. after reading the benefits of rooting i decided to go ahead & try it..
I successfully managed to do it with no problems at all..after reading thru this post & deleting some of the things i knew i wouldn't need, i
started getting error pop ups -"sorry, the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly."

I used the Titanium backup to do the deleting process, unfortunately i did not manage to backup the apps before deleting them, i managed to freeze & backup some
that i thought were important before deleting them. after the errors pop ups started showing up, i tried rebooting but with no lack the errors still kept showing.

i therefore went back to Titanium & unfroze the apps i had frozen, restored the apps that i had deleted, but judging from me not backing up the 1st batch of apps i deleted i couldn't restore those.

i've tried everything, so my last option was to reboot via Titanium and delete data & restore factory settings. this unfortunately did not work also.

so now i'm stuck with my done not capable of doing anything. i can receive calls but cannot make any outgoing calls as i can't access my contacts wen i try to open it i get a blank screen the the error pop up window appears the i get thrown back to my home screen. i can't also view my log screen after receiving a call it behaves the same way..
my messages also does not open...

i don't think i've bricked my done as some of the fonts functionality seems to be ok..if i have please let me know how to fix this problem..i'm desperately in need of a solution here...my phone details are:

Model no: GT-I9100M
Android versio: 2.3.3
Baseband version: I9100MUGKG2
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100MUGKG2-CL371789 dh130.yoo@SEP-48#2
Build no: GINGERBREAD.UGKG2

Thanks & really hoping to hear from you.

Tufftoad
03-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Try carrying out a factory reset.

Do you know which apps you are missing? If so you will have to try and find them again on the internet and then install again.

If the above 2 don't work then the easiest solution is to install new firmware. Since you rooted your phone I take for grantes that you are not bothered about the warranty. Installing new firwmare will replace all the system apps.

Swipermusic
03-09-2012, 04:37 PM
I agree you need to start again with a clean stock firmware for your phone which you can flash via Odin.

masoud
03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Thanx guys...

@TuffToad i read in an earlier post someone had the same problem as i did...it had something to do with call Logs or something like that..which very much make sense because i can't get to make any calls or view my call log..& the other thing was something about sms...this don't work either...

@Swipermusic...following an earlier post of TuffToad on samfirmware on getting stock firmware for my phone, unfortunately i dint get my version of stock but managed to find in on another website...http://devsrom4android.blogspot.com/2011/10/samsung-galaxy-s2-firmwares-bell-canada.html... for those who have the canadian version from Bell...

i want to give this a try & hope it fixes everything...

Thanx for the support guys..cheers.

masoud
03-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Thanx guys...

@TuffToad i read in an earlier post someone had the same problem as i did...it had something to do with call Logs or something like that..which very much make sense because i can't get to make any calls or view my call log..& the other thing was something about sms...this don't work either...

@Swipermusic...following an earlier post of TuffToad on samfirmware on getting stock firmware for my phone, unfortunately i dint get my version of stock but managed to find in on another website...http://devsrom4android.blogspot.com/2011/10/samsung-galaxy-s2-firmwares-bell-canada.html... for those who have the canadian version from Bell...

i want to give this a try & hope it fixes everything...

Thanx for the support guys..cheers.

so i managed to get a clean stock firmware & followed the steps on samfirmware's site...but still no change..still got the same error messages showing up..

trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong until then...i'm stuck

masoud
03-10-2012, 03:22 PM
so i managed to get a clean stock firmware & followed the steps on samfirmware's site...but still no change..still got the same error messages showing up..

trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong until then...i'm stuck

Ok since my brain is on overtime...i just figured out another way to try & fix this issue...i can try & figure out the stuff i uninstalled from the APK list posted...then click on the links, download & install...now i just have to figure out how to install them...

Erlander
03-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Try a factory reset.

masoud
03-11-2012, 12:49 PM
All worked for me so far except: LogsProvider

This kept causing "com.android.phone" and "android.process.acore" stopped working errors after trying to make a call or use contacts. I figured this process was creating the call log list so I installed it again. Now it works without a problem.

Had the same error, but after reboot it was gone (with PCWDevice still uninstalled)

I'm having the same problem..everytime i try to access my contacts or call log, the screen pop ups with the error & takes me back to my home screen...tried installing back some of the system pas that i deleted, i managed to install back some of them...but LogsProvider can't instal..i get an error message saying "Error, installation error. LogsProvider.apk was not installed...

The following apps don't seems to open too..email (in general i.e hotmail, yahoo, gmail) , Facebook, whatsup , viber, even my messages app like GO sms aint working... In short anything that requires info from contacts is not accessible..

Please help..need ideas on how to fix this...

masoud
03-17-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm having the same problem..everytime i try to access my contacts or call log, the screen pop ups with the error & takes me back to my home screen...tried installing back some of the system pas that i deleted, i managed to install back some of them...but LogsProvider can't instal..i get an error message saying "Error, installation error. LogsProvider.apk was not installed...

The following apps don't seems to open too..email (in general i.e hotmail, yahoo, gmail) , Facebook, whatsup , viber, even my messages app like GO sms aint working... In short anything that requires info from contacts is not accessible..

Please help..need ideas on how to fix this...

Ok manage to install new stock ROM & everything seems to be working fine now...infact upgraded to 2.3.6.. :)

mshuong
06-07-2012, 04:31 AM
Thanks for your list, I need all share for my galaxy.