Emergency Calls Only [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: Emergency Calls Only

Rangerboots
01-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Day 2.5 with my galaxy. I have spent hours trying to get it working right. Latest is that it seems I can only make emergency calls....That message is at the top of my home page, on the pull down message, and when i phone myself from my home phone I go directly to voice mail. I have gone into settings, nothing there that would cause or change it back. Any one help with this one. I am ticking them off one by one, next is trying to sync music...but that can wait.

itsnoiphone
01-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Did this just start? Or have you never been able to make calls?

Rangerboots
01-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I have figured this out after hours of frustration..........this device is appearing more like a beta product to me....my sim card some how became dislodged..........it might have been when i threw it out the window maybe.......(that is a joke)...Seriously seems more like a beta product to me. I am able to make a phone call, to check an email.......my computer does not recognize my phone, thinks its a camera.....I can not sync music....every feature I have tried so far has not worked. I do not have enough hours in a day to make this work. I may be venting here folks, but the internet is full of voices like mine. I discovered that while trying to fix my next problem....that is finding out how to get my computer to recognize the phone as a phone and not a camers. (SIGH)

Pidz
01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I have figured this out after hours of frustration..........this device is appearing more like a beta product to me....my sim card some how became dislodged..........it might have been when i threw it out the window maybe.......(that is a joke)...Seriously seems more like a beta product to me. I am able to make a phone call, to check an email.......my computer does not recognize my phone, thinks its a camera.....I can not sync music....every feature I have tried so far has not worked. I do not have enough hours in a day to make this work. I may be venting here folks, but the internet is full of voices like mine. I discovered that while trying to fix my next problem....that is finding out how to get my computer to recognize the phone as a phone and not a camers. (SIGH)

lol - hello again Rangerboots,

Truely the SGS is being a pain in the neck for you. lol

Firstly, download the official samsung software known as kies;
CLICK HERE - Download and install

Next, Sometimes theres problems with kies and usb drivers,
CLICK HERE (http://img.samsungapps.com/support/kies_win.exe) Download as a free user and install, continue with replacing existing drivers.

Then connect your phone and kies should pick it up as a phone through kies as well as your home pc. allowing you to photo/audio/video sync, as well as other backup operations such as contacts/calendar backup.

Rangerboots
01-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Thank you......there must some advantage to venting. It does give me new life and i discovered all that you have mentioned last night and did managed to sync some music. I will head back to that feature a little later just to be sure that it was not a sympathy gimme. But I have had to return to factory setting three times now and that is getting a little annoying. Anyway, progress is being make.

Pidz
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
WOW! 3x factory resetting! thats defiantly not good.
I would personally give back the handset and ask for a new one to be honest, due to the problems your having, you should only have had to do the factory reset once, and if that didnt fix it, something is a miss!
Could have just been a bad one you were given!

Goots
01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
When you say "Sync Music" - I just use my phone in mass storage mode and drag'n'drop the mp3's over :)

adzifa
01-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi ... I have a problem with no network (Emergency Call Only) on my Sgs, I install, update, revert and nearly format my Sgs phone. I remove and put other Sim card it work(show network). I put back my O2 SIM it show me (Emergency Call Only). Finally I go to Settings/Location and Security/Set up SIM card lock/Lock SIM card ... I removed Sim 'lock pin' then network provider come back (appear). Now you can switch back to lock or unlock. Hope it help ... PS: sorry my English