How to disable sound effect [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: How to disable sound effect

anirban
10-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Hi,

When ever I try to enable 5.1Ch, it says, switch off the sound effects first. I do not see any option to switch off sound effect. Also there are two effects :

1. Graphic Equalizer
2. Effect

By sound effect, I guess it means the 2nd one, but I see no option to disable it.

Need help....

Thanks in advance

jools906
10-26-2010, 11:52 PM
Hi, it took me awhile to get this too. Its silly. You need to open a track in media player. Then hit the menu button. Bottom right is a "more" option. Hit it and you you get another settings option. Go in there and make sure that that equaliser and effect settings are on "normal". Then go back and your 5.1 should work.

anirban
10-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Thanks jools. It worked like magic....

ofir78
03-28-2013, 01:44 AM
hey, I had the same problem but after I did it another problem appeared .
I switch the sound effect to normal and the equaliser too . I also tried to put equaliser on Auto but it doesnt help.
What it say when I try to play music is "Sound effects not supported by speaker" ...
I dont know what to do. please help....thanks :)

Tufftoad
03-28-2013, 10:03 AM
hey, I had the same problem but after I did it another problem appeared .
I switch the sound effect to normal and the equaliser too . I also tried to put equaliser on Auto but it doesnt help.
What it say when I try to play music is "Sound effects not supported by speaker" ...
I dont know what to do. please help....thanks :)

You have to plug in headphones. My understanding is that you cannot use sound effects with phone's loadspeakers, headphones only.

ofir78
03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
You have to plug in headphones. My understanding is that you cannot use sound effects with phone's loadspeakers, headphones only.

so how you can explain that before few monthes I could heard with the loadspeakers...
one day my phone didnt work.
Do you think is about some software that probably was deleted or something else?

Tufftoad
03-30-2013, 01:54 AM
so how you can explain that before few monthes I could heard with the loadspeakers...
one day my phone didnt work.
Do you think is about some software that probably was deleted or something else?

I was referring to the use of the sound effects menu with the Load speakers active. The phone does not allow the use of the 5.1 or 7.1 channel effect with the loadspeakers active. This is not a software problem it's a hardware problem...the phone cannot do it.

Edit: I don't really understand your comment but things happen and the phone may not work so well one day. What's your problem?

ofir78
03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Now everything is alright I asked another people and they helped my... thank you :)

stonkr
03-30-2013, 06:49 PM
It's good you got it sorted.

Maybe you could clarify what you wanted and how you achieved it so others can benefit when they have the same question.