Samsung Contacts Sync with Facebook [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: Samsung Contacts Sync with Facebook

tiptronic
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Is there anyway to sync facebook's profile and picture to my contacts? HTC and Nexus One both have these features, I thought it is from Android platform itself, but I can't find it anywhere in Galaxy S. Anyone?

tiptronic
07-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Ah ha, found it. Once added facebook account to the phone, go Contacts -> menu button -> Get friends, there you can import all or selected facebook accounts to contacts.

someuser
07-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Awesome!! Thanks for that!!

minty
08-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Hi im Minty BTW xxx (first post)

I have had my galaxy for 3 days and loving it so l really really do not know all the answers however......

I have sync'd my contacts and facebook :

But my problem is this.

I had a full contact list of people who l already had their numbers and details and l have found that once a contact has been syncíd with Facebook it cant be edited so although l have the mobile number of a Facebook friend now l have syncíd l cant edit and add it to the contact !!

The other annoying thing is l had some people in my contacts with slightly different names on their face book profile like Sue Smith and Susan Smith, meaning one person has 2 entries and l donít suppose thereís a quick way of sorting that problem out either lol other by manually making sure all the contacts have the same name as their Facebook profiles before synchronising

Any ideas anyone ???

Mints

tiptronic
08-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I had a full contact list of people who l already had their numbers and details and l have found that once a contact has been syncíd with Facebook it cant be edited so although l have the mobile number of a Facebook friend now l have syncíd l cant edit and add it to the contact !!

You can still add a new number in or edit the new one you just added.You just cannot edit the old one. I too have this problem and havn't found a solution yet.

The other annoying thing is l had some people in my contacts with slightly different names on their face book profile like Sue Smith and Susan Smith, meaning one person has 2 entries and l donít suppose thereís a quick way of sorting that problem out either lol other by manually making sure all the contacts have the same name as their Facebook profiles before synchronising

You can link the 2 accounts together, I think you can link up to maximum of 5 accounts together. To link contacts, press and hold on one of the contact in your contacts app, then select "Link Contact"

minty
08-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey im impressed :-) it worked !!!! Thanks Tip appreciate it xxxxxxx lots a kisses

tiptronic
08-05-2010, 11:01 PM
You are welcomed. Glad it got it working ;)