Message Notification wont go away! [Archive] - Samsung Galaxy S Forums : Galaxy S2 S II Forum

: Message Notification wont go away!

Riverriz
09-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Everytime someone sends me a text message, the little envelope pops up in the notification bar, right? right. so when i click on the messaging app itself, since its right there on the homescreen, the notification is still there after I've read the message!

Or

if Im in the message app and I'm reading someone's message and the SAME PERSON sends another message, the notification pops up and doesnt go away even though I'm right there in the app.

Does anyone have the solution to this problem? Plzz

Stockfeed
09-01-2010, 07:54 AM
are you using the home key or the back key to exit messaging? and you only have 1 messaging app installed? the samsung one? my notification doesnt go away until i exit messaging using the back key instead of home.

Riverriz
09-01-2010, 08:07 AM
It doesnt matter how i exit the messaging app.. Even if i drop down the notification bar and click on the message notification, the notification dont go unless i clear all notifactions myself.. Ive turned all the notification options off in setting but still get that icon.. I'm using only one messaging app which is the stock samsung one.

tiptronic
09-01-2010, 08:12 AM
I know it is a silly question but is there a sms you have not read? It happens to me all the time :P

systemX
09-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Riverriz, i just tried to duplicate your issue.

Did you turn off notification for SMS like the way below?

Messaging > Menu button > Settings > Scroll to the bottom and untick Notifications

The above never notified me of any text messages coming in, no icon in the notification bar also, and yes there was a text message that came in.

Riverriz
09-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Tiptronic, all my messages are read so its not that.

SystemX, Thats how i turned my notifications off and i dont get any notifications now (like the yellow message bar and the normal message icon which stays on top in the status bar) i just get that white envelope type notification.. i dont seem to be able to attach any images on here, so If you type in google 'sms popup' and then click the images link, the icon im on about is in the 4th image in the search results

systemX
09-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Ok I just saw it thanks. So you using the SMS popup app?

Riverriz
09-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Nope i was just browsing the app market and i saw a screenshot so i thought id use that screenshot to try help solve my problem...

systemX
09-01-2010, 08:46 AM
I can't picture which white icon you are referring to, could you please try to take a picture?

Riverriz
09-01-2010, 09:00 AM

That's the icon..

Stockfeed
09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
you havent disabled launcherpro notifications

systemX
09-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Please read this > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=631993

Riverriz
09-01-2010, 09:15 AM
SystemX, Thanks a lot mate, you're the best! Thanks for that link. The problem was Beautiful Widgets 2 (beautiful sms). Turned off the notifications in the widget options and now its gone. Thanks :)

systemX
09-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your screenshot, I knew Handcent had something to do with it :P